Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: The Blind Auditions, Part 3

• Start Topic

Then CeeLo should have gone 50/50 on his choice and let America decide.  But in answer to the original post, he threw the African American candidate under the bus.  Edited to add:  I'm not sure that it was his brain that CeeLo was thinking with at the time!

Not to go too far off-topic, but this just isn't true. Yes, Cee-Lo gave Juliet 60%, but so did the voters. Even if he had gone 50/50, Juliet still would have won. The only contestant to win the audience vote and not go on to the final was Katrina Parker because Adam gave Tony Lucca 60% of his vote.

On the UK Voice this season- which you can find on YouTube - two of the coaches waited so long to fill their teams that they were informed that there were only two contestants left and they'd each have to end up with one of them. Neither turned out to be very good-and it was obvious that the coaches were not pleased.

So what did they do?  Dump them at the first opportunity when the Battles rolled around?

India was great.  I was never a fan of Sasha, or Judith, or Tessanne (or any of the other powerhouse female vocalists whose names I've forgotten).  But India?  She made a worn out song, one that I would normally grit my teeth through, incredibly interesting.  I loved her voice.  Add me to the list who would be happy to see her win this thing with Christina.

I am glad Sonic went to Christina's team, as well.  Christina's team is starting out strong this year.  Then again, I thought she had a lock on the win when Matthew Schuler chose her, so what do I know.

I have a soft spot for grown ass men who sing songs like "Me and Mrs. Jones".

• Love 1

Hi Donny Ketchum - if you haven't watched Matthew Schuler's blind audition ("Cough Syrup"), you definitely should.  He was the perfect contestant, from voice, song choice, delivery, wonderful smile, good looks, and charisma for days.  No matter what, that guy is a winner.  All the judges (Adam, Blake, Cee Lo, and Christina) fought for him, and Adam was still the king of the 4 chair turns.  I thought Matthew would go for Adam, then he chose Christina.  It was a great Voice moment.

Cody is still my favorite male this season.  He has a great voice, but he doesn't have (yet) the rest of what Matthew had.

• Love 1

So what did they do? Dump them at the first opportunity when the Battles rolled around?

I don't know yet. They've only had one episode of Battles. I think one of them might have been dropped already-I can't remember if they've shown one or neither.

The Voice UK Season 4 is shown on Saturday nights. And then by Sunday someone has usually posted the episode to YouTube. There is a section for it here on Previously TV.

• Love 1
(edited)

@ToxicUnicorn, I've only watched since season six.  What happened to Matthew?

Mathew was going great until about halfway through the live shows, when his voice seemed to tire out and he gave a string of two or three subpar performances.  Up until then, I figured Mathew was a shoe-in for the final 3 along with Tessanne and Jacquie Lee.  Instead it was Will who made the final.

I still think his covers of Wrecking Ball and Hallelujah are among the best I've ever hear on one of these shows.  His duet with Jacob on My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark was also one of the better battle rounds we´ve seen.  Finally, the Jackson's medley he and Jacquie Lee did with Christina is one of the all time best group performances in Voice history.

Edited by viajero
  • Love 2

Matthew was one of the genuine stars this show has produced, in terms of talent and charisma though he didn't get "the career" from it.

I always wondered if Xtina pushed his voice too much with her song choices (and the constant practice) and the strain showed by the end. I remember Kelly Clarkson saying that the demands on AI nearly did that to her, so it kind of makes me wonder. Matthew was great and I wish they'd bring him back to perform again.

• Love 1