Type keyword(s) to search

S30: Max Dawson

Donny Ketchum
  • Start Topic

However, Max did sell it as purposefully separating himself from the tribe so that he could go off on his own, and Shireen picked up the nudity activity after he did.  I think Max is spinning a lot of things right now.

• Love 4

The ocean is very, very big.  And billions and billions of things poop in it every second of every day.  It's not a big deal.

I suppose it's not a big deal, or they wouldn't do it.  They probably don't poop much anyway.  

I read an interview with a cameraman who said bathroom trips are off limits.  Maybe Max is full of shit (figuratively).  

I suppose it's not a big deal, or they wouldn't do it.  They probably don't poop much anyway.  

I read an interview with a cameraman who said bathroom trips are off limits.  Maybe Max is full of shit (figuratively).  

From Max, I take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt.  I had heard that once before, too, regarding the bathroom trips.  I don't know if being in the ocean while doing your business is some loop hole, however.  From this People article with Max: 

http://www.people.com/article/survivor-worlds-apart-max-dawson-exit-interview

Let me tell you what I thought as a viewer. I thought you were doing quirky things in an attempt to be memorable so you could get another shot at playing.

I didn't go out there trying to do that. If I was guilty of anything, it was having too much fun out there. I did things that were geared towards having experiences and living out dreams, and those moments may have ultimately contributed to my demise. But that's who I am: a passionate person. I exhibited who I really was.

That's pretty much what I took it as, was Max doing things like running around nude for the attention it would get him.  Maybe he didn't realize that people at home actually might think he was doing just that, trying to be memorable, and now he's doing damage control.  The cameramen made me do it!  Of all the people out there that they can catch nude, I just don't see that being such a big deal.  I've heard before from contestants that they've been asked to re-do or repeat things that they didn't get on take.  But in this case, I do agree that Max seems full of it.

Edited by LadyChatts

I don't know if this is what you're referring to but Max said in one of his interviews that they actually did have him re-enact the nude swimming scene so they could get helicopter footage of it!  Talk about having time to re-think the whole thing and back down and go with, "Hey, I just wanted a bathroom break, to be honest, let's just drop it."  

That interviewer is probably right that he's angling for a return invitation.  It wouldn't surprise me if he got it.  The show loves someone who'll do anything for attention or to liven up the scene.  The people who think before they speak make dull tv, usually.  

I don't know if this is what you're referring to but Max said in one of his interviews that they actually did have him re-enact the nude swimming scene so they could get helicopter footage of it!  Talk about having time to re-think the whole thing and back down and go with, "Hey, I just wanted a bathroom break, to be honest, let's just drop it."  

That interviewer is probably right that he's angling for a return invitation.  It wouldn't surprise me if he got it.  The show loves someone who'll do anything for attention or to liven up the scene.  The people who think before they speak make dull tv, usually.  

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant.  I still believe it was intentional and not just 'I was going to the bathroom and they caught me!'.  To me blaming it on the cameramen is like a cop out.  He wanted the attention, but since it came across that way, just completely blame them and say it wasn't your intent to be filmed naked.  I don't know if Max would ever be asked back or not (it wouldn't surprise me either way), but as some other posters pointed out, he obviously got what he was after.  Legit Survivor cred from being on the show itself, and attention from being a complete doofus.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2