Type keyword(s) to search

S30: Hali Ford

Donny Ketchum
  • Start Topic

Quoting a quote from above:

“If you step on my friends and smear them then you are offending me… His comment about slapping a woman? First of all, that came out of his mouth, and if that came out of his mouth towards anyone that is reprehensible. That fact that it came out of his mouth against someone who was a victim of domestic violence takes it to another level. There’s no excuse for that.…I watched the show with Shirin last night, who was tearful, understandably, and we were all booing the screen and shouting at him and everything. That was disturbingly wrong the way that he and Rodney treated Shirin…. She was taken aback. She was rattled last night.”

I'm puzzled over the part in bold - is Shirin a former victim of domestic violence? Did Hali inadvertently let it out or was that common knowledge that I missed? 

"Shirin was tearful, understandably" is making me very uncomfortable.

Hali had a weird edit. She got a lot of confessionals and they all seemed to be character related, rather than strategic. It was all like "I like surfing", "the constitution is so great", but very little about her actual gameplay. It was interesting. I wonder if she got a big edit (for a woman) on this show because the first jury member tends to get a lot of air-time or because they think she's an interesting character and she has a shot of returning in another season. I think she could do really well the second time out.

Her exit interviews have been pretty interesting. The one thing that I think is weird is that she doesn't seem to want to admit that the NC made a mistake with how they handled Will. She says "all I heard was that Will wanted to play with the grown-ups" instead of talking about how they should have made him feel closer to them.