Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

I love all the Dumphy's especially Phil.  

Like when Claire and Mitchell get along.  She is a little to mean to her brother.  I see where Alex gets that mean streak from. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I love all the Dumphy's especially Phil. 

I still like them fine, but they're all at that point in a sitcom where the writers amp up their personality traits to 11.

• Love 1

Hopefully this is the right place to post this, but is anyone else annoyed with the seemingly month long hiatus between each episode now? I'm used to sitcoms having new episodes every week, but for the last couple seasons of MF, it seems like they skip anywhere from a couple weeks to a month between episodes. And they never announce at the end of the episode that it's going to be a while before the next episode comes; like when Grey's Anatomy has a bye week, at the end of the episode they'll usually say something "no Greys next week, but on the next episode *blahblahblah*" so you don't tune in and get confused.

Has this ever been addressed as to why they do this? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ChaChaSlide said:

Hopefully this is the right place to post this, but is anyone else annoyed with the seemingly month long hiatus between each episode now? I'm used to sitcoms having new episodes every week, but for the last couple seasons of MF, it seems like they skip anywhere from a couple weeks to a month between episodes. And they never announce at the end of the episode that it's going to be a while before the next episode comes; like when Grey's Anatomy has a bye week, at the end of the episode they'll usually say something "no Greys next week, but on the next episode *blahblahblah*" so you don't tune in and get confused.

Has this ever been addressed as to why they do this? 

Because TV shows only make 22-24 episodes a year and need to air new episodes every week during sweeps in November, February and May to get set their ad prices. That leaves them with 10-12 episodes to spread out over the rest of the season. And then a comedy rarely runs previews at the end of an episode, so there isn't much of a chance to promote the next airing. Plus, the network wants you to tune in even if it's a repeat. No one is expecting huge ratings from a repeat, but it's nice to get a decent number in the demo.

I do think networks would be better positioned if they ran more compressed seasons but that would mean creating more programming and that costs money.

• Love 2
(edited)

I love Andy.

I love Hailey and Andy together - never want to see Dylan again.

Do not like Rainer the weatherman.

Hate Claire - too helicopterish and seems to not appreciate all the non material gifts and joys her dad and husband have bequeathed to her.  

LOVE CAM! LOVE FIZBO!  LOVE MISSOURI!

Gloria......ish.  Sophia Vergara has two speeds - screaming and poorly mugging at the camera.

Phew....I feel better now.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 4