Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Brainstorm

Daniel's father and his friend Dean Haley are faced with the decision on whether to allow Pierce to undergo a high-risk surgery for his traumatic injury. Daniel works on solving a different kind of murder case.

Edited by thewhiteowl
updated

Very poignant depiction of the frustration felt and expressed by family members of someone with any mental illness, be it schizophrenia, Alzheimer's, TBI, or any other condition that results in an inability to communicate in a socially acceptable way.

One line made me laugh:

Doctor: Mr. Pierce, have you ever discussed with Daniel what to do in a case like this?

Daniel's father: If he gets blown up in house?

• Love 3

Last week when I looked up the description for this episode I thought the title was "Coma."  And now it's "Brainstorm."  Was I mistaken or did they think the title Coma gave away too much of the plot?

I really liked the episode.  And I was fooled in the beginning thinking he must not have been injured as badly as I thought he would be. 

Apparently his subconscious made his mother ask the question if he is in love with Kate.  I wonder if that will go anywhere.

• Love 2

I assumed they were done with any hints of romance between Daniel and Kate, but I guess not.

I thought they had given that up, too.  And there was a time when I thought Kate and Donnie were pretty boring with each other, but they seem more comfortable lately.  The calm before the storm?

I still think Kate and Donnie are boring, but I also don't think there is any chemistry between Kate and Daniel. Given there aren't many episodes left, I'm not sure they'll get around to any romance. That's my hope anyway. Might depend on how much they had written/filmed when they axe dropped.

• Love 1