Type keyword(s) to search

Lance or Toni or Lurking guy? Your favorite (or least favorite) Portlandia Characters

Are your faves Lance and Nina?  Maybe the couple who is parents to Grover? Maybe that weird quiet guy who doesn't even know what he graduated college with a degree in. 

I have to admit I don't like the rats. They weird me out. 

Nina occasionally working my last working nerve.

I think it was Nina's birthday episode that worked my last nerve. She was so crazy about what she expected Lance to do for her. But then she redeemed herself when she thought she was pregnant. It may actually be the Fred characters that annoy me more, now that I think about it. I mostly love Toni and Candace but sometimes Candace is too much and I like Nance but dislike Peter. 

Toni and Candace are like so many people in real Portland. They have absolutely no sense of humor (who could these days?). They are quick to judge and refuse to let any conflicting opinions enter their thought process. They are also condescending if not hostile to their customers which is common in Portland. The yelp episode did it for me because I once wrote a two star yelp review of a dentist which resulted in a furious phone call from him and a letter "banning" me from his practice. Yep, that stuff really does happen here.

If someone from Portland hates the show, you can bet they're just like one of the characters on it.

• Love 3