Type keyword(s) to search

Melissa Benoist: the Marley of Steel

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

On 1/24/2015 at 9:35 AM, MarkHB said:

Your Melissa thread!

To start, here's a clip from Melissa in Whiplash, just so those of us who only know her from Glee can see her actually act (language NSFW):

To be fair, I didn't think her acting was bad on Glee, but she certainly wasn't called upon to have the charisma and confidence of a woman who can crush a steel desk into a little ball.

Not sure what is the point here... except maybe her acting wholesome in Supergirl?

We all tune into various entertainment to escape the realities of life. 

It is unwise to believe in these fantasy alternatives.

People are people are people.

4 hours ago, johnar said:

Not sure what is the point here... except maybe her acting wholesome in Supergirl?

We all tune into various entertainment to escape the realities of life. 

It is unwise to believe in these fantasy alternatives.

People are people are people.

It was written before even the pilot was filmed, when we didn't know much about the show and most people knew Melissa only from the wallflower she played on Glee. A lot of folks were skeptical of her casting at the time, and I think the majority of us are happy to have been proven wrong.

• Love 3
On 9/9/2017 at 7:35 PM, MarkHB said:

It was written before even the pilot was filmed, when we didn't know much about the show and most people knew Melissa only from the wallflower she played on Glee. A lot of folks were skeptical of her casting at the time, and I think the majority of us are happy to have been proven wrong.

OIC

Melissa has posted an IG talking about the Intimate Partner Violence that she experienced from her marriage to Blake Jenner. ( I think he was on the show one episode playing Cat's son.) It's pretty strong stuff so warning if you listen all the way:

There is also a clip from an interview she did with Jimmy Fallon where she tells the story they made up to cover it up

From being Rachel's replacement on Glee to leading her own show for 6 seasons, and finding her own voice, her true love and motherhood in the process... Congrats, Melissa, and thanks for everything!

• Love 5