Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Know Your Place

"Poot returns to the corner after a stint in prison -- and is welcomed back.  Carcetti engages in a testy budget battle with City Council President Campbell, promotes Daniels, and hits a snag in his efforts to relieve Burrell of his duties."

It was very satisfying to see Ronnie and Daniels promoted.  Finally, something happens for the good guys.

Snoop seems like a psychopath to me, worse than anyone else on this show except her partner in crime and Brother Mouzone.

I continue to be impressed by the actor who plays Michael and Prez is always good for a smile.

Kima has been looking really sharp in her business clothes (rather than her surveillance gear) for a few episodes, now.  

Finally, I keep forgetting to say how much I love this season's version of the opening credits song.

Snoop seems like a psychopath to me, worse than anyone else on this show except her partner in crime and Brother Mouzone.

God yes.  We don't even know why she and Chris are killing those people!  We know they killed Lex in retaliation for killing Fruit, but what about that guy Chris shot through the plastic sheeting?  It looks like they're just killing the competition!  So ugly.

Brother Mouzone -- I can sorta understand.  He's in it for the money and like Omar, he's probably not killing any "citizens". 

But Snoop and Chris -- damn.  I don't think they enjoy it -- there's no sign of that.  They're just so damned cold-blooded and unfeeling.  Is that what a psychopath is?  No empathy?

God yes.  We don't even know why she and Chris are killing those people!  We know they killed Lex in retaliation for killing Fruit, but what about that guy Chris shot through the plastic sheeting?  It looks like they're just killing the competition!  So ugly.

Brother Mouzone -- I can sorta understand.  He's in it for the money and like Omar, he's probably not killing any "citizens". 

But Snoop and Chris -- damn.  I don't think they enjoy it -- there's no sign of that.  They're just so damned cold-blooded and unfeeling.  Is that what a psychopath is?  No empathy?

They were just cleaning up competitions, presumably by Marlo's orders.

The only emotion Chris ever showed was when he killed Michael's step dad with his bare knuckles

I thought a couple of times Chris told people it would be painless.  Once in the S4 opener, and didn't he also say something similar to Andre in this episode?  that would seem to suggest that he's not totally unfeeling.

Of course, I suppose one could argue that he's just doing it to make it easier to do this job.

I like Proposition Joe, but I thought he was pretty cold blooded with Andre in this episode.  Granted, Andre wasn't one of his "retailers" for lack of a better term, but to give Andre a take it or leave it, fire sale offer for Andre's store in exchange for getting Andre out of Baltimore, and then to turn around and deliver Andre up to Marlo was cold.

Andre was hardly the most innocent of victims, but it did seem he got caught by the whirlwind created by Omar and Marlo.

• Love 2