Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Unto Others

Omar was great in his jail scene with Bunk.  Bubbs was heartbreakingly sad about his boy, Sherrod, on drugs.  I hated seeing Bubbs get robbed repeatedly by that neighborhood boy, and then robbed again by the policeman, but it had the ring of truth to it.

Loved seeing Herc and Carver together again in their enabling relationship.  Funny.

So, I've lost track of a plot.  The murder of a witness that Kima solved this episode - whose murder did that murdered witness witness?  If anyone can get through that question, I'd love to know the answer.

So, I've lost track of a plot.  The murder of a witness that Kima solved this episode - whose murder did that murdered witness witness?  If anyone can get through that question, I'd love to know the answer.

I don't think it's ever explained in any detail.  I just watched the episode where Norris (?) gets the case.  He's all happy, thinking it will be quick to solve because the victim was a witness in a drug case.  But that's all they say -- witness in a drug case. 

Yeah, I'm not totally sure either. I don't think that part of it is important. The truly important aspect of that case was that if he had or had not been killed for being a witness, it could have decided the Baltimore mayoral election, since it could/would be seen as another failure on Royce's part to protect witnesses (part of a pattern) that Carcetti could use to his advantage politically. So all those ridiculous hoops were jumped through to try and prevent the case being solved BEFORE the election. But I'm not sure they ever made clear exactly WHAT the guy had witnessed.

• Love 2

And that whole subplot was another example of why we have to pay attention!  Landsman told his detective to work the case but play down the witness angle for now.  Then Landsman tells Valchek that another witness has been murdered, knowing that Valchek would pass it on.  Valchek tells Carcetti.  Carcetti uses it against Royce in the televised debate.

So why did Landsman give that info to Valchek?  And why did Valchek give it to Carcetti? 

I'm still slogging my way through Season 4. It's a great season, and, as with all the previous seasons, it's building and building. I'm sure the ending will be amazing.

But I watch it with such dread. I've mentioned how much it disturbs me to see the kids. They break my heart, and I'm worried for all of them. But I'm also worried for Bubbles. And for Omar.

My love for Prez grows. He seemed like such a bad guy in those early scenes of Season 1. But everything since then (well, except for the accidental killing of the cop) has shown his humanity. The way he's taken poor <can't remember his name . . . the kid with the horrible foster family> under his wing is just terrific. And the fact that he can reach his kids by teaching them the odds of playing cards and dice . . . more power to him. I guess I need to start worrying about him, too.

This show, perhaps more than any I can think of, messes with our concept of right and wrong, good and bad. I know it's in a long line of other such shows (Sopranos and Breaking Bad most notably), but I think this show tops them all.

Edited because I had my question backwards. I meant to say is Tommy Carcetti really based on Martin O'Malley?

Edited by Jordan Baker
  • Love 2