Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E25: Facets

And yet another DS9 does Herman's Head episode.  Most of the cast did a great job with the Dax personas (if Bashir had one it must have been fairly bland as he's the only one I can't recall).  I suppose it was interesting meeting Cuzon, but I attribute that more to Rene's performance than anything.  After Through The Looking Glass through this episode I feel like the show was in a lull with fair to middling episodes.  Thankfully that's broken with the season finale.

Bashir had one.  He hosted Torias Dax (the host that the symbiont had had about 100 years earlier), who was somewhat reckless and obnoxious in his lifetime.  Jadzia couldn't stand him, so we only got a couple of minutes of that encounter.

On 1/12/2015 at 11:02 PM, Maverick said:

Most of the cast did a great job with the Dax personas (if Bashir had one it must have been fairly bland as he's the only one I can't recall).  I suppose it was interesting meeting Cuzon, but I attribute that more to Rene's performance than anything.

I agree the cast did a great job with their personalities, and you're right about Rene's performance of Curzon.  Although I have to admit he came off nothing like I expected him to be.  He reminded me a lot of John Cleese's waiter in Meaning of Life, who asked "DId you ever want to know what it's all about?" - same type of delivery.  I expected the main plot drama to come from Joran, but it turned out to be Curzon.

I had a problem with the premise of this episode.  Dax holds memories of all his previous hosts, okay I can buy that.  But I don't think that taking the memories of a dead person and sticking them into a someone else is going to recreate that person,.  It's like all the old hosts were alive again, and most of them seemed pretty cheerful about the idea that they were soon going to be returned to Dax's memory vault (Curzon being an exception, of course).

I also wasn't thrilled with the explanation for Curzon opposing Jadzia's acceptance into the Trill program.  He was in love with her?  If all these memories are so much a part of the symbiot's day to day life, wouldn't she have sensed that before anyway?  I thought the episode was interesting, but flawed.