Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: Prophet Motive

While putting together the Ferengi and the wormhole aliens is something I admit I didn't see coming, this one fell flat for me. Then again I'm not a big fan of Ferengi stories in general, especialyy ones that involveven ones beyond Quark and Nog and occasionally Rom.

• Love 1

It does come across as "Well, just anyone can visit the Prophets." Seriously, if Zek and Quark can contact them, it seems like Bajorans would be lining up for wormhole visits.

I do enjoy the episode though. I find it amusing. Love Rom robbing the the Grand Nagus. Wouldn't have thought he had it in him.

Of course, this (once again) shows the problem of having beings who can supposedly see the future - how come the Prophets not realise that changing Zek was a bad idea? Surely they already know what Quark told him when they made the first change? This crops up every time there is a "Pagh Wraiths threaten the Prophets" plot - how did they not see it happening and tip off their Emissary that something is amiss? It just goes to show why introducing aliens who can (somehow) see the future is a bad idea unless you know how it's meant to play out (like B5 with it's Babylon Squared/War Without End plot).