Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Life Support

Waaaaaaaaaaah!

Yeah, I know Bareil wasn't popular, but I liked him. True to the "Vedik Boring" nickname, he died in a boring plot.

Jake, don't worry about Leanne. She's an idiot. Seriously, I know Nog was completely wrong, and by all means, Leanne should defend her friend. She's taking it out on the wrong guy through. Jake was obviously surprised and embarrassed by Nog's behavior. Yell at Nog, not the guy with a big "?!" over his head.

So that's what happened to Bareil. I couldn't remember. I don't remember what happens with Kai Winn either so that's another reason for the re-watch.

The red operating suits Bashir and his nurse were wearing during surgery were laughably ridiculous. What on earth were the costume designers smoking? Who in 1994 thought in the future surgeons would be wearing bright red body-suits with flat-top hats? What purpose does that even serve? They weren't even wearing masks. They looked like the Oopma Loompas in the TV studio who shrunk Mike TeeVee.

And masks were unnecessary because of a technological breakthrough from sometime in the 22nd Century that created a sterile field that automatically neutralized any bacteria that might otherwise be present in the operating room. Dr. Crusher referred to it in an episode of TNG once (the crew had a time-traveling visitor from the 22nd Century who at that time was claiming to be from the 26th Century and to have gone back to visit that era, and she said that she would love to have seen how the 22nd-Century technology was invented and first implemented), but I forget what she called it.

Edited by legaleagle53

And masks were unnecessary because of a technological breakthrough from sometime in the 22nd Century that created a sterile field that automatically neutralized any bacteria that might otherwise be present in the operating room. 

Then why are they wearing scarlet red hazmat suits from head to toe? And why is the headpiece flat on top? They just look like Teletubbies, it's silly.