Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Past Tense (Part 2)

Okay, I'm not sure if I'm allow to be starting this but it was bothering me that it wasn't here.

I liked this episode a bit more then the first one. Mainly because it gets really intense with the Sisko stuff. And I love the B storyline with Kira and O'Brien appearing at random time periods. I do wish we got to see a few more of those (especially the one that O'Brien mentioned was messed up).

• Love 1

It's also a grim reminder that we're still headed down the same slippery slope that created the Sanctuary Districts and led to the Bell Riot in the first place.  It's 2015 now; 2024 is only nine years away.  Let's hope that this is one prediction that the show gets wrong.

• Love 1
(edited)

Sometimes a Star Trek episode allows a guest character to take center stage. It can be done well, and it can make for a great episode. I wish this episode had a allowed for that. Gabriel Bell was an interesting character, it seems (based on what we hear from Sisko), and he was definitely a hero. I wish we had gotten to see him in action rather than being told what he was supposed to do. I also feel like he was robbed. As a great hero, his name goes down in history...with someone else's face.

The point of Chris Brynner getting involved when he originally did not also annoys me. I would have preferred for him to get involved on his own, implying that he did the same in original history. His helping Dax out before could have been an indication that he does want to help. Otherwise, that's a bit of history that was changed, and apparently it never mattered. Imagine if Sisko and company returned to their time and discovered that some random Ensign was missing. Whoops!

Good job with Michael Webb. Such a likable character. Even with the knowledge that many died in the chaos, I thought he'd survive.

I like the interaction with the hostages, especially Bashir's with Lee. His doctor skills shine through.

Edited by Meushell

I did like the visual gag of Kira and O'Brien beaming into different time periods. Oddly they always landed in the exact same spot, which happens to be a "city street" set on the Paramount back lot. If I'm not mistaken, it's the same place where Laverne and Shirley lived. 

I didn't really buy the lead guard suddenly having an epiphany and letting "Bell" off the hook. Seemed like an awfully convenient character about-face and it rang hollow. The hate he was spewing at the hostage-takers about being losers who didn't deserve anything sounded very much like the sort of thing you hear on right-wing talk radio today. I don't think a Rush Limbaugh type is going to suddenly turn liberal because someone saved his life, especially if they were the ones who put him in danger to begin with.

Edited by iMonrey
(edited)

I did like the visual gag of Kira and O'Brien beaming into different time periods. Oddly they always landed in the exact same spot, which happens to be a "city street" set on the Paramount back lot. If I'm not mistaken, it's the same place where Laverne and Shirley lived. 

I think that is because that is where Sisko and them landed, they just didn't know the year.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 1