Type keyword(s) to search

Spencer Reid: Gorgeous Gray Matter

• Start Topic

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 5:34 AM, Droogie said:

LOL. It was way too much.  Made me sound like a skeevy nurse (and wife too, frankly). 

I don't think it made you sound skeevy; believe me I've read and heard worse. Not so long ago I was in the library and this girl loudly exclaimed into her cell phone, "I fucked this guy and then stole his bag of weed."

Hmm, "I fucked this guy and then stole his bag of weed"...apparently a long-lost Cole Porter song.

And perhaps, #68kill is a book Matthew is drawn to and a film he's happy to be a part of. Good for him for taking on new challenges. Perhaps, I will rent the movie once it comes out on DVD.

Of course, ReidFan, I'm still holding out space on my blog for you to write a guest review for #68Kill once you get around to it. In fact, I look forward to it.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

Hmm, "I fucked this guy and then stole his bag of weed"...apparently a long-lost Cole Porter song.

Or the latest from Spencer! Hold My Earrings!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bookish Jen said:

A romantic, dancing cheek to cheek ballad written in a very Cole Porter-like style, right?

I was thinking death metal with a slow-talking part in the middle...

• Love 1

So it looks like a release of "Hot Air" is upon us.  I wonder how it will happen -- straight to video?  A few select markets?  I don't know how these things go, and I don't know a lot about the production, or why MGG chose it, etc.  I'm hoping it's good but doubting it will be on the Academy's radar.

Have you seen the promo poster?  Always happy to see any pic of Matthew but he looks like a straight up giant in it.

don't like the baggy ass pants he's wearing in that promotional poster. At all. Who dressed him for this?!! should be shot.

I already have my son trolling the underworld looking for this for me (since I don't understand how it works). But honestly, I'm not sure it'll see the light of day at theaters etc....the direct to dvd route most likely.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

don't like the baggy ass pants he's wearing in that promotional poster. At all. Who dressed him for this?!! should be shot.

I already have my son trolling the underworld looking for this for me (since I don't understand how it works). But honestly, I'm not sure it'll see the light of day at theaters etc....the direct to dvd route most likely.

Luckily my library is really good at getting DVDs of all stripes, even indie-types. I can't even begin to tell all of you what hidden gems I've found just strolling the stacks at my local branches.

Matthew in baggy pants? Is it "Hammertime."

And with that remark, countless fans of Lord MGG go to a place called "Dirty Thoughts"

• Love 1

dunno if you've seen the promotional poster to which we're referring, Booky, but the view is from BEHIND him...which is why I'm complaining. The skinny little @$$ that he does have is completely lost in pants that are easily 3-4 sizes too big for him. (rear view anyway...maybe that's why the pants are so big, to accommodate the other view....aaaaand I'm descending into Hell now myself)

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

dunno if you've seen the promotional poster to which we're referring, Booky, but the view is from BEHIND him...which is why I'm complaining. The skinny little @$$ that he does have is completely lost in pants that are easily 3-4 sizes too big for him. (rear view anyway...maybe that's why the pants are so big, to accommodate the other view....aaaaand I'm descending into Hell now myself)

Heaven for the weather, and Hell for the company. Join us, ReidFan! We even have snacks!

20 hours ago, ReidFan said:

nope. the guy would look in nothing at all.

oh.

wait.

oops.

he'd look good wearing a trash bag or in a burlap sack.

burlapsackMatthewtexted copy.jpg

“Happy week-end, my nerds!”*

Matthew Gray Gubler decides to further his creative endeavors by designing his own sack of menswear called “Taters by MGG.” Mr. Gubler then hires Bookish Jen to do all of Taters by MGG’s PR work. To introduce this dapper, yet starchy fashion line Bookish Jen sends out a press release with the following copy, “Introducing Taters by MGG because inside every gentleman is a spud.”

*Yes, I am very well aware that Matthew is looking resplendent in a burlap sack containing what was once the beans of one of his favorite liquid elixirs, coffee, but for some reason, potato struck my funny bone more.

(edited)

as long as Mr Gubler hires me to do all his dressing. and undressing.

oh dear.........

there's also the garbagebag as a jacket version.......

(btw, if anyone is wondering, photo edit wasn't stolen, that's my work;  mccabebabe is me, it's my Facebook name; the name was already taken when I went to open a twitter account which is where r31dfan came from but I'm just too lazy to redo the watermark on the photo....)

wearinggarbagebag copy 2.jpg

Edited by ReidFan
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

as long as Mr Gubler hires me to do all his dressing. and undressing.

oh dear.........

there's also the garbagebag as a jacket version.......

(btw, if anyone is wondering, photo edit wasn't stolen, that's my work;  mccabebabe is me, it's my Facebook name; the name was already taken when I went to open a twitter account which is where r31dfan came from but I'm just too lazy to redo the watermark on the photo....)

wearinggarbagebag copy 2.jpg

If interested you're interested I make a fabulous creamy parmesan dressing, just sayin'. And you just know during Matthew's modeling days he had to strut down the cat walk or do a photo session featuring designer lines resembling both the burlap sack and a garbage bag, maybe even at the same time. I love fashion, but the industry can be absolutely ridiculous!

• Love 1

LOL! the thing is, my family has been calling them swops for years! probably close to 30 years. Long before this cartoon stole Socks With Out Partners...my solution to swops was to buy my husband fifteen pairs of the same socks. That wouldn't er, wash, for Matthew though cause he likes to wear 'weird socks' so the plain white tube socks I bought for the spousal unit wouldn't make the cut in the Gubler household.

socks1.jpg

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

LOL! the thing is, my family has been calling them swops for years! probably close to 30 years. Long before this cartoon stole Socks With Out Partners...my solution to swops was to buy my husband fifteen pairs of the same socks. That wouldn't er, wash, for Matthew though cause he likes to wear 'weird socks' so the plain white tube socks I bought for the spousal unit wouldn't make the cut in the Gubler household.

socks1.jpg

There is a really cool sock line called Sock Dreams where my friend Rian's sister finds a lot of her socks (only she wears hers matched). The only kind of socks I usually wear are plain white socks when I work out. However, I am positively woobie over black tights. Hue makes a good brand, a bit pricey but I can find discounts at TJMaxx and Marshalls. But seriously, my thing is handmade and vintage bling, and not too mention my collection of vintage silk scarves.

And I actually know how to darn a sock. But don't get any ideas, Mr. Gubler. Just because I know how to darn a sock doesn't mean I'm actually going to do it.

• Love 2
(edited)

His socks so often appear to be a calculated mismatch -- like, they coordinate.  But they're still great.  I wonder if he regrets ever mentioning it, since it's such a thing now.

What cracks me up, though, is that so often the style isn't even the same.  I've seen him wear a low ankle sock with a sock that goes halfway up his calf.  That would drive me nuts.  Not because of Matthew, but because of laziness/time constraints, my own socks rarely match.  I keep a pile of them in my drawer and just grab two each morning.  But they're all the same type sock.  I couldn't wear a knee sock with an ankle sock, for example.  I would be homicidal within the hour.

edited to add: Oh give me strength. He has pennies in his loafers.

Edited by Droogie
More stuff
  • Love 4

seems to me the man is uber superstitious! the whole signet ring and pocket watch when he's directing; the mismatched socks of course, penny loafers must have pennies in them. LOL

• Love 2

True!  All that, plus insisting upon buying the exact same automobile that his parents used to bring him home from the hospital when he was born...

Has anyone seen the ring closeup?  I try to enlarge pics but I don't get any clarity.

Also, I saw he was wearing a necklace recently.  Would love to know what it is and any significance it might have.  For that matter, he was wearing a leather thing on his left wrist last summer at his European appearances -- I never got a clear pic of that, either.

• Love 2

argh....the ring. It was his grandmother's I believe? I remember one photo of him with it on (hair was really long, musta been season 5-6ish, so directing Lauren?) and I thought the stone looked brown/deep reddish. I also thought it looked like a very masculine type of ring, so I questioned whether it really would've been the grandmother's. (not questioning him, questioning the source's info...and I can't freakin' remember who the source was :(  ) If I'm not mistaken, there was a picture of it, along with the pocket watch in that coveteur spread, cause it was showcased as his 'directing wardrobe'...... when i'm back on the macbook, i'll have to dig that up and check.

As if last week's half-naked pic wasn't difficult enough, I also wanted to make sure everyone was coping okay in light of this.  I might not be able to watch 68 Kill but I think I can manage Hot Air.

image.jpeg

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Droogie said:

As if last week's half-naked pic wasn't difficult enough, I also wanted to make sure everyone was coping okay in light of this.  I might not be able to watch 68 Kill but I think I can manage Hot Air.

Lovely, lovely pic. 

I'm gonna admit I took it to Photoshop because I thought he wasn't wearing a shirt.....turns out he is, dammit, very visible once I lightened the picture up.

tease!

• Love 1
On May 26, 2016 at 7:18 PM, Droogie said:

Has anyone seen the ring closeup?  I try to enlarge pics but I don't get any clarity.

I blowed up the photo I had of it a little.....and it looks like it might just be an inexpensive costume jewelry piece which obviously has just sentimental/superstitious value for Matthew. :)

ringcloseup.jpg

On June 6, 2016 at 3:48 PM, ReidFan said:

I blowed up the photo I had of it a little.....and it looks like it might just be an inexpensive costume jewelry piece which obviously has just sentimental/superstitious value for Matthew. :)

ringcloseup.jpg

I dunno...  It's adjustable by the looks of it, but not like your typical gumball machine ring.  Maybe it was even something he had done so it would fit his fingers (I've seen him wear it on his pinky and on his ring finger) -- he said it belonged to his mother or grandmother, IIRC, and it was likely too small to fit him without a little modification.  That's definitely the ring I've seen him wear though!  I remember this pic -- from the Vanity Fair piece, right?  

• Love 1

no, it was from the Coveteur spread. And your assertation that he had it modified by a jeweler makes perfect sense. He's tall, and has large hands (and feet :-P ) so it would stand to reason that a woman's ring wouldn't fit him without modification. He said his mother gave it to him, it was his grandmother's (I assume he's talking Gramma Kelch here). The pocketwatch (also pictured, but mostly cut out of the picture because this forum would let me post a large enough photo to include both) was his grandfather's (again, mom's dad, Grandpa Kelch). 

• Love 1

not visible in any of the posted pictures but I saw this....new ring. Never seen this on him before. But it's on the right hand, not the left, so he didn't go get married without us knowing about it anyway.

13532851_10157068667430203_263955512618683458_n.jpg

• Love 2

I don't personally know any men who wear rings (my husband has only ever worn his wedding ring), so I'm intrigued.

...but I'm more impressed that he has an actual hankie. I love it.

it looks like it might even be a locket. Personally, I think it's kind of big and clunky so hopefully it holds some kind of sentimental attachment for him.

and the hanky looks more like a terrycloth face cloth to me. Above is just a still photo. There was a clip of this on someone's twitter--about a fourteen or fifteen second bit of him wiping his face with it, then passing it off to one of the two people that are obviously assigned to assist/be security for him. One Japanese woman who is carrying his jacket and some of the cards and gifts he was given and a Japanese man (about a foot shorter than Matthew LOL) who seems to be his security-holding his hands up to keep girls back behind the rope line.

Another particularly adorable bit was a young girl fussing with her phone trying to get a photo, and Matthew took the phone from her, swiped through (he's a pro, by the looks of things) and set the shot up himself: "Here, lemme do this....oh, over here [he motioned for her to stand next to him] oh, hold up the picture [artwork she'd done I assume that he was majorly impressed with] too, show the picture." [he takes the photo, hears someone call his name and quickly looks over his right shoulder, poses, smiles for another photo, then returns his attention to the artist and continues] "lemme sign this for you, you want me to?" she squeals, he smiles and laughs and proceeds to sign the photo and asks her her name. Just a complete and utter sweetheart.

and then the puppy! awwwwww

• Love 4