Type keyword(s) to search

Give Us Your Best Tips

• Start Topic

Well, it only took me about 10 days of procrastinating but yesterday I started my one month avoiding dairy to see if it's the cause of post nasal "deluge". I went to Wegmans & bought unsweetened almond milk, & got really brave & bought Whipt Cream, a vegan product. Today I tried a spoonful and it's very good 🙀. It's in a can, just like ReddiWhip. Now I'm wondering if I can make mashed potatoes using almond milk (is that asking too much of almond milk?) 

25 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

Now I'm wondering if I can make mashed potatoes using almond milk (is that asking too much of almond milk?) 

One of the fake milks should work. I'm thinking oat milk might be my first choice for that use, but this might be because almond milk is at the bottom of my fake milk list. I think rice milk could also work, but it's got a bit of a sweet taste to it that might not work for the savory potato you're looking for. (Rice milk is easily my favorite for cereal. It may even be better than regular milk.)

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

On the subject of my best tips, consider the herbal supplement Yin Chiao. It is a mixture of herbs designed to boost the immune system, particularly when challenged either because of the weather or due to being exposed to viruses from family or friends. No side effects whatsoever through 40 years of taking this occasionally - it is not for every day but for when you think something is "coming on" or you are living with someone already manifesting viral symptoms. Not for treating oneself when actually sick! But this has staved off so many illnesses over the years, I can't help but recommend it.

Maybe try one of the fake milks that are barista blends or formulas.  I’m personally not a fan of them since they usually have additives, but they usually whip/froth up better than ones that have two ingredients. 

• Useful 1