Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Massachusetts

Back in the U.S.A.

From the eccentric, gay-friendly beach community of Provincetown at the very tip of Cape Cod to rural Franklin County tucked in the northwestern corner of the state, Anthony Bourdain explores an oft-overlooked Massachusetts, meets up with some old friends, and makes some new ones along the way.

Ahhh, a tour of Bourdain's drug filled past.

While I totally understand that they were trying to keep the undercover cop's identity a secret, I did not need all of the deliberately out of focus shots of the town, the stop and go footage of the guy walking on the train tracks, etc.

I also didn't like when he said that "we" didn't have a problem with drugs when it was confined to urban areas but now that it could be "our" grandmothers, it's a concern. I get what he was trying to say, but not everyone who watches this show is a WASPy suburbanite. Even for the ones who are, I don't think that Bourdain is the voice of All White Folk. It reminded me of the Brooklyn episode when he kept talking about how white people don't know about all this great food and culture in Brooklyn. Just because that's your experience doesn't make it true of everyone else, so quit trying to speak for an entire group of people and just say that it is YOUR experience, Bourdain.

• Love 1