Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: The Toll

This has not been a particularly good season, but this episode had its moments.

"Why would I help you besides the fact that you're an asshole?" he asks. "There is no other reason," Raylan replies.

It's all in the delivery. TO nailed that reply.

"I may not know much about a lot of things, but I still know how to Blow Shit Up." Preach it, Boyd.

Was there anything symbolic about Raylon not having his hat on during the entire episode?

• Love 1

I may have woken up my neighbor when I exclaimed, "Holy shit!" and started laughing hysterically at Picker's, um, demise.  I had a feeling emulex was going to be involved when Boyd got the cigarettes but I never thought it was going to end like that.  Ha!  Where has that Boyd been all season?  It was so nice seeing him have a win--a splattery, gooey, explody win.

If only the majority of the season could have been like that...Boyd blowing shit up, Tim and Rachel kicking down doors and waving guns around, Art making jokes as he chitchats with a girl...I miss that version of Justified.

• Love 2

I don't have perfect recall on every season, but I'm pretty sure Picker's demise via Chekov's Cigarette Pack is at least in the Top 5 deaths of the show, if not the very best.

Also loved that Daryl's supposed "I'll only surrender to Raylan" turned out to be "I'll surrender to absolutely anyone except Raylan," which made a hell of a lot more sense.

• Love 2

Justified keeps pretending like Wynn Duffy is going to be important to the plot before ignoring him in favor of some other shlub - poor guy is basically Charlie Brown trying to kick Lucy's football at this point, dramatically (dramatergically?) speaking. I hope Wynn's crucial to the endgame of Justified next season, because Jere Burns almost had more to do on Breaking Bad at this point.

Finally, Ava is getting somewhere on the cell block. I really thought she should have been better at jail than this up to now; a woman who kills her husband with a shotgun then takes up the thug life with his brother is about as bad-ass as anyone else in women's prison, really. I blame the loss of Elmore Leonard for Ava's weakened character this season.