Type keyword(s) to search

Inara Serra: Pretty Woman

Lisin

Why aren't there any male Companions to service heterosexual women in this future world? I know later we'll see 

a male Companion, but unless I'm misremembering, I think it's strongly implied that he's for gay men

. And I know there are also references to

Inara being with women as well as men

. But since our primary female characters seem pretty sexually liberated, it has always driven me a little crazy that the Companion culture seems overwhelmingly dedicated to the physical gratification of men only. Is it just me? Do I need to keep these concerns to myself?

Oh yes, Inara. She's awfully pretty.

• Love 1

Inara's badass. She's always been my favorite character. Graceful, kind, intelligent, emotional, intuitive, elegant. She always had all the best instincts, and aside from Wash, the best lines. When she imperiously blew in

to rescue Mal and Zoe in The Train Job

, I cheered! And I love how she handled

YoSaffBridge in Trash

Also Portia, wasn't there talk of male companions? I really seem to remember there was. Maybe I'm just getting confused by the male whores in Heart of Gold, though... hmm. 

I don't remember any references to male companions other than the one I listed above, but I'll definitely be watching for it during the re-watch. Because I am waaay too concerned about this.