Type keyword(s) to search

David Clarke: No Longer Dead, But Still Deluded

kikaha

The way the showrunners have resurrected David is so crazy as to beggar belief. 

David knows Victoria betrayed him; that she watched silently as he, an innocent man, was given a life sentence in prison.  He knows she did nothing to help his daughter, who was abandoned to the foster care system.  He knows V has enjoyed decades of incredible wealth, prestige and entitlement, while he and his daughter saw their lives ripped apart. 

Yet he still somehow carries a torch for her, 20 years later??  So much so that he unthinkingly accepts everything she says, and is prepared to kill on her word? 

I've never understood Victoria as a femme fatale.  To me she comes across as phony, manipulative, catty and unattractive physically.  This is one weakness in Revenge for me.  For her now to have a hypnotic hold on the man whose trust, love and family she betrayed seems absurd to me. 

PS:  is it just me, or does David not seemed to have aged a day the past 20 years? 

PPS: it's also hard to impossible to understand why David did not get in touch with the woman he thought was his daughter.  That's one problem with these retcons.  They open themselves up to all sorts of inconsistencies.  TPTB can come up with semi-plausible answers at times.  But they add a further degree of unbelievability, where believability already is strained to near the max. 

• Love 3

I for one am hoping he's a clone. 

Revenge is so much better when you full on embrace the daytime soap opera that is Revenge.

I mean, I'd accept a twin, but I'm not sure the facial hair counts as an evil goatee that's required, and he also doesn't have an eyepatch. So clone is the mostly likelt option. Or robot.

• Love 1

As soon as I saw David telling the FBI what "happened" I realized he got himself arrested on purpose.  

What I don't know is whether he did all that to:

1.  Get himself freed and exonerated

2.  Has some other long con planned

My concern though is that Victoria knows he killed Conrad and can basically blow his alibi and all of that.  She knows he's not being completely truthful.  I wish Ems knew this - because then she wouldn't be concerned about showing herself to David - since he killed Conrad I'm not sure he'd be all that pressed by what Ems did... 

I need him to find out what Victoria did to Amanda/Ems as a child.

I can't accept any explanation other than long con. There is no way in creation that David could recognize Charlotte, who came to court one time, but not realize that Emily is really Amanda. And if he knows that Emily is Amanda, there is no way that he doesn't put together some idea of why she's trying to ruin Victoria. And there is also no possible way that David would come back and not have some sort of contact with Nolan unless he had some ulterior plan. If he really is delusional enough to be in love with Victoria and wanting to start his happy-ever-after life with her and Charlotte, I may throw something at my television set. That would not be a pretty sight.

• Love 1

I can't accept any explanation other than long con. There is no way in creation that David could recognize Charlotte, who came to court one time, but not realize that Emily is really Amanda. And if he knows that Emily is Amanda, there is no way that he doesn't put together some idea of why she's trying to ruin Victoria. And there is also no possible way that David would come back and not have some sort of contact with Nolan unless he had some ulterior plan. If he really is delusional enough to be in love with Victoria and wanting to start his happy-ever-after life with her and Charlotte, I may throw something at my television set. That would not be a pretty sight.

I will be right there with you.

I think I'm bothered that he hasn't tried to contact Nolan to at least inquire about his daughter - whom he sort of left in Nolan's care. I really don't like it when writers pen stories that are only complicated and complex because certain characters don't talk to each other. Plots that depend on a "misunderstanding" or stupid barriers that aren't really barriers irritate me.

He's pulling a long con.

I agree.

His whole story to the police about being held captive by Conrad Grayson was one huge fabrication.  The lie is clear by the way he was acting as though he thought Conrad was still alive.  

David Clarke beat his back with a heavy chain to make it look like he had been tortured.  Then he deliberately shop-lifted so the police would get him and he could tell his lies.  

• Love 1

The way the showrunners have resurrected David is so crazy as to beggar belief. 

David knows Victoria betrayed him; that she watched silently as he, an innocent man, was given a life sentence in prison.  He knows she did nothing to help his daughter, who was abandoned to the foster care system.  He knows V has enjoyed decades of incredible wealth, prestige and entitlement, while he and his daughter saw their lives ripped apart. 

Yet he still somehow carries a torch for her, 20 years later??  So much so that he unthinkingly accepts everything she says, and is prepared to kill on her word? 

I've never understood Victoria as a femme fatale.  To me she comes across as phony, manipulative, catty and unattractive physically.  This is one weakness in Revenge for me.  For her now to have a hypnotic hold on the man whose trust, love and family she betrayed seems absurd to me. 

PS:  is it just me, or does David not seemed to have aged a day the past 20 years? 

PPS: it's also hard to impossible to understand why David did not get in touch with the woman he thought was his daughter.  That's one problem with these retcons.  They open themselves up to all sorts of inconsistencies.  TPTB can come up with semi-plausible answers at times.  But they add a further degree of unbelievability, where believability already is strained to near the max. 

But let's think about this.  Why would the hero and good guy David Clarke kill a young woman like Emily Thorne?

Either he truly is a loon.

Or David Clarke was and is a bad guy.

Or it's stupid plot writing.  My personal fav.

• Love 1