Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Coordinates

• Start Topic

Are we going to see half naked Father Peloton in every episode? It’s overdone. 🤦🏻‍♀️

"You get very sick and you find yourself in a hospital, your loved ones crying, begging you to live. And that's hell. Hurting your loved ones."

This is a clue that Lois could be in a coma or unconscious. Another clue — Lois has a “rash” on her lower back that looks like Marshall’s bed sore. And the firepit symbolizes “hell on earth”.

"I am such a sucker for you problem child types. There's just something about you."

Fast Eddie is seen wearing a St. Michael medallion. He could be a protector or a guardian angel who helps people on death door.

Since Merritt also sees him, both are not real. Merritt could be dead and Marshall is actually alive.

Anyway, am not ruling out Eddie as a killer yet. He has the strength to orchestrate all the killings and tableaux.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Are we going to see half naked Father Peloton in every episode? It’s overdone. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Agree to disagree. Naked Father Peloton is pretty much what's keeping me watching. 

Loved the impromptu musical interlude in the car to hell or purgatory or Centralia or wherever they're going. Michaela Diamond made her TV premiere in the televised John Legend/Sara Bareilles Jesus Christ Superstar, and she was Sara's understudy for Mary Magdalene, who of course sang this song. It's these little weird, gonzo moments that make me love Ryan Murphy even at his worst. 

Which I'm not saying this is. I just have no clue what's happening.

I liked Travis Kelce. 

• Like 8

"You are saving your souls from sinning while you are spinning" well I've heard it all now lol. I get 1980s televangelist vibes with Charlie. I am not surprised he and the Nun had sex. While she wanted and we saw her lusting after him he is still her Boss. Definitely a power imbalance. 

I'm not a Football person so I have no opinion on Travis Kelce but honestly he wasn't bad. Not great but still okay. He might be the killer. 

Merritt is smart and sweet but all her plot really seems to be is eating.

• Like 5
(edited)

Well, that took a turn.

We went from Satan's Grindhouse Theater to AHS: Fever Dream Apocalypse Road Trip: The Musical in one episode!

As for Travis Kelce? Oof. Ryan Murphy clearly assigned a Chargers fan to write the guy's dialogue, because it was a masterclass in how to humiliate a rival off the field. And it doesn't help that Kelce only recites his lines instead of acts them.

One thing that really worked for me this episode... I was FREAKING out when Lois was in the kitchen and the camera was showing the curtains on the left side of the screen. Was someone (something) hiding behind those curtains? (Eeek--I've got chills even thinking about it!)

Edited by Wickedeve
  • Like 1
(edited)

Come on, Murphy, "Big Peter and His Banana Splitter" doesn't even rhyme. Your writers can do better than that.

And him breaking Lois out of her handcuffs in the last ep seems utterly meaningless, considering that she doesn't seem to be in any kind of legal trouble in this one.

That said, I really do find this entertaining. (And not just because of Michaela Diamond singing and Nicholas Alexander Chavez getting naked, although those certainly help.)

It's nailing some really creepy things, like that hellish fire pit. It feels like End Times in real life, and I think this show taps into that in an effective way. I just dread the inevitable clumsy ending, but who knows, maybe they'll surprise us?

Edited by Blakeston
  • Like 4

Come on, Murphy, "Big Peter and His Banana Splitter" doesn't even rhyme. Your writers can do better than that.

It almost does if you say it with a lot of twang. 😂

• LOL 1