Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Burn Bridges

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm sad Rory and Mel had their breakup but they do need a break.  I get Rory has issues with his dad but it's insane to ask his best friend to turn down a leadership opportunity because of it when she seems like a good candidate for it. 

I get feeling like being an only friend can be exhausting but he does ditch her for dates even during important events for her.  That said, she was wrong to be mad that he doesn't co-sign her loan with her.  As he has said, it's his dad that's rich, not him.  (Unless he does already have access to his trust fund?  I was confused about the requirements related to that.  I do know it's the only reason he's working.)

So I guess supervisors can date people they supervise at JFK?  Alex didn't seem all that worried about telling HR. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 2
On 9/14/2024 at 5:18 PM, Irlandesa said:

That said, she was wrong to be mad that he doesn't co-sign her loan with her.  As he has said, it's his dad that's rich, not him.  (Unless he does already have access to his trust fund?  I was confused about the requirements related to that.  I do know it's the only reason he's working.)

I was confused about his money as well.  He must have access to some kind of trust because I can't imagine his father is providing him with support.  I also agree that he was right not to co-sign a loan with Mel.  It's way too much money, and if something went wrong, he's on the hook.

As to the rest, Mel was right that he's not a great friend.  Asking her to pass up potential advancement because of his daddy issues was wrong.  He ditches her when it suits him, even on her birthday!  I was also a little confused about his comment about being Mel's only friend.  It seems like, even before she got her new friends, she had people that liked her and enjoyed her company.  Is she not friends with any of them?   

• Like 1