Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Kill or Be Killed

• Start Topic

The-Ark-Stacey-Read.jpg

The arrival of new crew members presents questions of who can be trusted and what to do with them.

Premiere Date: Wednesday, July 24, 2024     SyFy    10pm   

202_the-ark_photo01.jpg

All the new Ark 15ers can't be trusted.  No kidding.

Just what this show needed -- courtroom drama !

Kelly's implants make her a terminator -- good to know.
Couldn't they patch up that hole in the wall of Kelly's brig ?

And now there is a warp bubble energy snake loose on Ark 1. Fun wow !!

Stacey Read's (who plays Alicia) British accent slipped in a few times.

The Juno Project is basically genetic Tinder -- seriously nobody wants to think about what happens when they settle on a planet.  They have to start having kids otherwise the human race will die out and fast.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Stacey Read's (who plays Alicia) British accent slipped in a few times.

A few times?  She was all over the place this episode.

• Like 2
(edited)

The showrunners are trying really hard to redeem/retcon Kelly so that they can make her a regular cast member next season (if the series is renewed). So the implants and her mother are to blame for Kelly's attack and killings on Ark 3? Does that include the murder of Mrs. Trust? I don't recall if they're also blaming the implants for Kelly's kidnapping, terrorizing and obsessing about Angus.

I'm starting to wonder if Dr. Marsh is the mole and that he manipulated the implant flashbacks.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
(edited)

Yeah the showrunners should've just let Alicia's actress use her natural accent instead of trying to hide it... it's distracting. I'm just gonna think of it as her own unique "hybrid" British/American/whatever accent and pretend it's meant to sound that way to indicate how cultures have blended/evolved in the future, or something. :P

Also agree with tv echo that they want to keep Kelly around and make her sympathetic...while still using her as a scary wildcard to create mayhem. Basically, the dialogue they gave Garnet where she said she feels sorry for Kelly and is also afraid of her....that's how we're all supposed to feel. And oh my goodness I rolled my eyes at the hole in the wall ...like ottoDbusdriver said, couldn't they patch that up?!

And heeeyyy how about that love vs. eugenics/chipped tooth first kiss chat between Garnet and Spencer...plus his shmoopy grin at the end of the scene? I'm feeling pretty proud of myself that I guessed the writers were setting them up for romance back in season one.... I mean, I guess it was pretty obvious they were gonna do the Enemies To Friends (To Enemies Again To Friends Again) To Lovers thing with them, but I'm patting myself on the back anyway. ;)

And now I'm gonna make a new prediction  ... next up on The Love Ark... Dr. Kabir and Dr. Marsh? I mean, she called him an "insufferable man"... seems a bit Jane Austen-y to me. :P

Edited by chrisrose

SYFY has posted this entire episode on YouTube...

FULL EPISODE | Kill or Be Killed | The Ark (S2 E2) | SYFY
SYFY   Jul 25, 2024