Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E08: Auditions 8

• Start Topic

I tuned in 45 minutes late because I decided a stupid walk for my stupid mental health was a better use of my time. It would be nice out if it wasn't so humid. Tuned in just in time to see a nine-year-old get put through. I assume he sang.

image.png.c47e70bb485980f2b4eb0cac34664626.png

Sorry, but balancing on rolling stuff is boring. And I don't understand why his assistant needs to have no pants.

Cheesy magician was actually pretty funny. Oh, please, Simon, don't pretend "do I really believe this is going to win" is actually a factor in putting someone through.

The Japanese dance group (Kenichi Ebina's mentees) was very cool to watch. 

I actually loved the comedian. That's rare on this show. "I have [long list of animals]...... I'm single." Her delivery was great. (Also loved the choice of the Golden Girls theme after her set.)

Why is Sofia sitting there with her hands on her hips looking displeased while Simon is asking the singer about herself?

What is with the random world record attempts? Wearing underwear on your head is not a talent. (I wrote that before Heidi said it. I am in full agreement.)

• Like 2

Cheesy magician was on the show in season 14 and eliminated in judges’ rounds. They’re just taking anyone who shows up. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2

Very underwhelming singers.  Paradise?  More like Purgatory.  I am glad variety acts predominated tonight.

The Japanese acrobats in a box were a revelation.  Super smart choreo.  Robotic high and parallel bars moves were fantastic.  Give them the Finals GB right now.

The comedienne's core approach to allow the audience to imagine what she was talking about makes the punch line way more effective.  Her timing wasn't quite there, but it was more than good enough for this show.  Smart, and funny, to be sure to mention in the jidges interview she has a rat named Simon.  Set a perfect tone.

Pogo is a legendary cartoon character, not a sport.

The "Beatles" acrobats did well, but zzzzzzzz.  The mock "gymnasts" with the Alien just didn't work for me.  Not on a night when several legit gym/acrobat acts were very good.  

Waldo the magician's set-up was interminable.  Sophia absolutely refusing to play along was a very bad look.  I hope she got a talking to by production afterward.  The trick was aight, but it's not challenging as he could proclaim any number he chose.  His props usage was really good, though.  I loved that he brought out the jumbo chimes as Sophia was "deciding" her vote.  Inventive, and funny.  He is still a "No" for me.

The sidewalk cafe skit to start the show was bland as can be.  There was no way around the imperative to incorporate as many Olympic themes as possible.  Shoulda been better.  Very weak effort by AGT which typically does a fine job with such.

Well, we'll always have Paris the next few weeks.  Adieu.

• Like 3

So in 2 weeks the live shows begin?  So what advantage do the golden buzzers have?

Can anyone explain the next round?