Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Captain of the Sh*t Out of Luck

• Start Topic

(edited)

Anchor Bay is attacked from outside its prison walls; Mike takes care of some important business at Kingstown Women's Prison.

Air date; July 21, 2024

This episode was written by Hugh Dillon (Detective Ian Ferguson) and the episode title is the name of a song by Dillon's band Headstones.

Edited by mledawn
  • Useful 1

I guess Mike IS attempting to control all the gangs' reactions. I can't tell yet if it's working or not because I'm not really clear on his end game. We know the sniper was Black and the young guard (also in a fantastic scene with Michael Beach/Kareem) is on Bunny's payroll but Mike tells Cal it was military grade and plays on Cal's racism to support the notion that the Crips don't/can't have that kind of firepower. I'm guessing:

• Bunny is pissed because his drugs are bad so he can't sell - Mike doesn't want him selling and killing people.
  • The Russians are trying to get in on/get control of the drug trade by sidling up to the AB. Mike is trying to get the Russians and the AB to cancel each other out.
  • The AB is trying to control the drug trade and eliminate the Crips because they're racist, obviously.

One line that had me laughing was Ian yelling down from the prison tower in utter exasperation, "Mike, I'm doing fucking police work up here!"

Glad Tracy went to Mike. She stood up for herself (and the inmates when Mike questioned the rape). Consent appears to be an even greyer area in the prison even with the blatant imbalance of power. Glad Tracy didn't cave and evoked Mariam.

I enjoyed Mike bringing Ian along to tune up the guard that threatened Tracy so he DIDN'T kill him. Their exchange was also classic. "I'm going to hurt (kill?) someone" "Since when do you need help with that?" "I want you to stop me"

Constantine does a lot of drugs, I cannot see what his long term plan is for Kingstown either. I did enjoy him taking out one of the AB guys just because Cal got all choked about it. 

Finally, the Headstones song "Captain of the Shit Out Of Luck" was played in the bar scene, where Ian questions the prison guard and gets him outside for Mike.

I'm so glad Tracey went to Mike.  After her confrontation with CO Scumbag last week I was hoping she would have enough sense to go to him.  And apparently said Scumbag wasn't aware of who he was threatening, sister-in-law of the mayor and wife of a cop.  

Still not a fan of Iris but I am curious how she's going to extricate herself from Constantine safely or is Mike going to have to go after him too.  I'm not really trusting Constantine's two flunkies.  

I guess there's a count down on when Robert is going to blow his top on the job.

Mike was actually smiling!  He seems to have gotten the Russians and the ABs mad at each other, which is good, and I'm not quite sure what the deal is with Bunny's warehouse being empty by time SWAT got there, but that's probably good, too.

Merle didn't look so good at the end there.  I don't want to think that the guard/officer did something to him, but I wouldn't cry if he did.

• Like 1