Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Danger erupts when Iris (Emma Laird) confronts her past. The Mayor (Jeremy Renner) finds a new chess piece as Bunny (Tobi Bamtefa) and Konstantin's (Yorick van Wageningen) rivalry reaches new heights.

It seems like I should be concerned that Konstantin will find out about Iris and her connection to Mike and all that, and that he'll kill her.  Then I remember that she's been in the opening credits since a few episodes before she even showed up on screen, so she's a "regular" and will probably be around forever, even if we don't know why.

So a couple episodes ago, Kyle was no good for SWAT, and Robert knew it and so did everyone else.  Then Kyle does one kinda cool thing talking down a guy he was pretty sure wasn't armed in the first place, and Robert lets him apply for SWAT?  And he's in, just like that?  And he (Kyle) seems to be the only one happy about it.  But he's a regular, too, so I guess we don't have to worry about him, either.

Lots of setup this time, not too much action.  That's okay.  I just wish it made more sense.

• Like 2

Tracy goes back for her first day after her mat leave and Kyle doesn’t even ask how her day was? Come on. Also the prison guard who helped Tracy is  a known actor - one who Taylor Sheridan uses in his projects - so he’s clearly returning.

I am finding myself rewinding to catch conversation details as both Bunny and Ian mumble equally. The scenes in both cars with Mike were hard to decipher on first pass. I laughed at the Biblical discussion with Bunny, and Mike trying to figure out what went sideways with Ian and Rebecca (“Are you still watching her cat?”)

What was Iris’ intent in reconnecting with Konstantin before she talked to Ian and Mike? I get that now she has seen the AB guys dealing with the Russians on the boat which is important in finding out where the bad drugs are coming from but she didn’t know about that before, did she?  At least she finally seems to have a purpose.

I really liked the scene with Mike and Evelyn - it’s such a better relationship than what some fans are trying to see with Mike and Iris.

13 minutes ago, mledawn said:

I get that now she has seen the AB guys dealing with the Russians on the boat which is important in finding out where the bad drugs are coming from but she didn’t know about that before, did she?

If I am Konstantin, I would have shown Iris this entirely on purpose to see if word got back to the Kingstown PD or other interested parties.

Speaking of Konstantin, he hints at plans to go back to New York. Well dude, do it. You're already rich based on the yacht parties. You don't seem to get much joy from running the club and you haven't been anywhere near the giant Russian church so what are you hanging around for?

8 hours ago, Orbert said:

So a couple episodes ago, Kyle was no good for SWAT, and Robert knew it and so did everyone else.  Then Kyle does one kinda cool thing talking down a guy he was pretty sure wasn't armed in the first place, and Robert lets him apply for SWAT?  And he's in, just like that?

The timeline for this is weird too. One would suppose it would take a certain amount of time to join SWAT. Like say, more than a single session in the shoot house. But when we see Mike visiting Kyle later we don't really get the impression that it has been weeks or months because he's meeting his nephew for the first time and they don't give him grief for how long it has been.

On 7/1/2024 at 8:25 PM, mledawn said:

Also the prison guard who helped Tracy is  a known actor - one who Taylor Sheridan uses in his projects - so he’s clearly returning.

I'm thinking he's probably the father of the baby that the inmate is carrying.