Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I think we all need to write to NBC and complain about these two idiots commentating. They literally ruined the Dressage Freestyle with their verbal diarrheal stream of stupid shit nobody needed to hear. I love Freestyle and we almost never see it broadcast except during the Olympics. But we are apparently not allowed to watch and listen uninterrupted by these two idiots. 

• Like 3

On the jumping final round, the two commentators seemed to dial it back a bit.  They ruined everything else for me though.   And is it asking too much that a small caption says the name of the horse and rider through their entire round?   

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)

!!! ATTENTION MY DRESSAGE LOVING COMPATRIOTS !!! *Breaking News*

I have just discovered that the Dressage Freestyle Finals on Peacock do NOT, I repeat DO NOT have Randy Verbal Diarrhea Moss and Melanie STFU Smith-Taylor commentating! Rather, we have two quite sedate Brits who really only speak between riders and only make the briefest of mentions during the rides. It is so wonderful I am nearly in tears! So if you've access to Peacock make haste and go do a rewatch and enjoy the music! 

ETA: They even show breaks where the tractors are re raking the arena, and you can hear the announcements in French abd English and they're playing America's Horse With No Name over the speakers. And NOBODY is commentating, I am officially in heaven!

Edited by surfgirl
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

i'm so irritated. 
i missed Equestrian again. grrrrr. CBC didn't really air it/speak about it at all. 

At some point it will probably be available on YouTube. 

• Like 1

Watching the jumping finals tonight and saw a triple as for Hermes thstbwas fabulous. The third ad had Jessica von Brelow-Werndl, which made me remember my all time.fav dressage Freestyle ever, this will never be topped. The music and movements were magical. Enjoy my horsey friends!

• Love 2

I'm watching the first day if Para Equestrain dressage, Tests I, II, & III, eachlevel having competitors with different levels of mobility. As with other Para grades, III is the least constraints and I has the most, but all the riders were fantastic and it was a joyful event to watch! I highly recommend having a watch if you have Peacock, or on USAa the next three days I think. Or Youtube. Enjoy folks!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, surfgirl said:

I'm watching the first day if Para Equestrain dressage, Tests I, II, & III, eachlevel having competitors with different levels of mobility. As with other Para grades, III is the least constraints and I has the most, but all the riders were fantastic and it was a joyful event to watch! I highly recommend having a watch if you have Peacock, or on USAa the next three days I think. Or Youtube. Enjoy folks!

I enjoyed watching some of it as well. Frankly when I was watching one group it was hard to discern they had a disability at all. Kudos to them. 

• Like 2