Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I didn’t expect to get choked up at Hailey Batten’s (sp?) reaction when she saw the finish line and that there was only one name listed so far, but here we are.

• Like 2
(edited)

Kristen Faulkner borrowed Femke Bol's hyperdrive button! That was a stunning surge for gold! She just left the other three in the dust! Amazing!

And what a stunning course  -- up Montmartre, past Sacre Coeur, along narrow cobblestone lanes. Not sure how any other Olympic course is gonna top that. They're gonna have to do the "Speed" unfinished interstate jump in LA 2028! 😂

Edited by Souris
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

That was incredible! I know nothing about this but caught parts of it on USA this afternoon and when Faulkner just hit hyperdrive with 4Km to go, I lost my mind when no one could chase her. Absolutely wild! 

And according to the commentator, this isn’t even her primary event! Can’t wait for the track cycling, if so!!

Edited by Girl in a Cardigan
  • Like 2

I was watching the rad race and my husband asked if there were any Americans in the hunt. I said “not really…..” which shows what I know. Wow that surge from Faulkner was amazing. And she’s relatively new to cycling.