Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Rag Doll

• Start Topic

No Iris in this episode but they did show her in the previews. Clumsy editing or is she somehow silently connected to one the larger plots?

Mike's rage trigger is his mom and the AB guy he threw off the roof wasn't even being nasty about her. I wasn't really sure what the point of that scene was. Mike wanted the AB guy to denounce Callahan (the new AB leader who is currently in jail) but the guy won't do it. So after Mike yeets him off the roof he goes to Callahan and agrees to help him. I am parsing this as Mike keeping his enemies closer but I feel like I missed something important.

I'm also not sure what's going on with the Russians. They go from partying at the club to partying on a yacht but their new leader is sitting there having no fun at all despite the drugs and women. He's got something going on with the AB crew but the part I don't get is why. Look around dude, as far as the high life goes in Kingstown you've already got it!

I know this isn't a courtroom drama but Mike is trying to negotiate the charges after that lady pleaded guilty. He should have chatted with Evelyn first and then witnessed the lady declaring that she was guilty guilty guilty and would happily do it again.

Kyle is being weird too. He wanted to be on the SWAT team and Robert gave him a hard no. In this episode he makes a dangerous approach to a suspect who might be armed and Robert is not impressed by the soft takedown. But if you've already made up your mind who cares if Kyle isn't rolling in like SWAT would? I don't know, maybe the point was that Kyle has rediscovered his empathy on account of being a father or something.

Laugh line of the episode was courtesy of Bunny with his deadpan "he resisted". You just know Bunny has been on the receiving end and he's been waiting all his life to be able to say that.

• Like 1
(edited)

Not as good as last week but more action, which I think appeals to the demographic of the show.

I liked how Kyle handled the getaway car driver but did Robert say he WAS armed? Anyway, Robert's way is problematic and he's even worse than he was before he got jumped so this can't end well.

Ian, talking to Kyle after that and says "Jesus Christ, I'm a fucking marksman now?" and I yelled "YES!?" at the screen. Hello, continuity? Maybe Ian's just a marksman with a long gun...

I was shocked when Mike pushed the guy off the roof, although I don't know why. Bunny's going to be pissed when he finds out Mike blamed Bunny's guys for that. 

20 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Laugh line of the episode was courtesy of Bunny with his deadpan "he resisted". You just know Bunny has been on the receiving end and he's been waiting all his life to be able to say that.

I laughed at this, too - "He failed to comply"!

Another Headstones song (Ian aka Hugh Dillon's band) playing in the bar at the end - an oldie called "Little Lies"

Edited by mledawn
Fix link