Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06 (BBC/D+): Rogue

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Pattycake2 said:

Liked the episode, but I kept thinking that since the Doctor had the sonic and Rogue had a weapon, why didn’t they simply stun the birds, lay them in a pile, and ship them off.  To me, it seems like the sonic is less powerful than it used to be.  And why does the Doctor need to use a key to enter the Tardis?

There have been numerous instances of the Doctor using a key to enter the Tardis. It doesn’t seem to be a consistent thing though

Maybe the Doctor couldn’t easily stun the birds? 

(edited)

Slightly disappointed Ruby just openly accepted that the Doctor had beamed information into her brain without question. I’d certainly be upset at somebody doing that to me, just like Rose (I think?) was about having foreign languages zapped into her without consent. And Ruby dropping (coining?) modern slang into Regency Britain was fun.

On 6/9/2024 at 2:31 PM, Affogato said:

this group seemed immature and childish. Maybe the adults  would have returned home, and make them clean up,  and revoked their Tv privileges.

I think they're more like Western hunters who go to Africa with a machine gun and indiscriminately kill everything they see. They're not a Galaxy spanning threat, but they are locally destructive (I'm not even sure they could in fact destroy the Earth, despite what was said).

On 6/9/2024 at 8:26 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

I did like Ruby's plot in that she wasn't quite getting the women were all essentially property with no rights. It's easy to just say 'you don't need a man and can do what you want' when it's literally against the law.

That's not actually true. Women could and did own property at this time - the show "Gentleman Jack" is set in this period and is based on a real woman (Anne Lister) who inherited and ran her Uncle's coal mine and estates. Though to say the system was stacked against women would be an understatement and you'd need a great deal of willpower to defy convention.

Edited by John Potts
On 6/9/2024 at 3:59 AM, bybrandy said:

Wacky theory?  

Rogue is a regenerated River. 

On 6/10/2024 at 9:41 AM, gail56 said:

I think the ring that Rogue gave the Doctor will lead to him being found.

I thought both of those things during this episode....