Type keyword(s) to search

Time Bandits - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Apple plus

July 24th

Genre

Television adaptation of Terry Gilliam's 1981 film, Time Bandits, which centers on a young boy who discovers a time-traveling portal in his bedroom.

• Like 2

Apple_TV_Time_Bandits_key_art_16_9.jpg

Time Bandits is a 10 episode comedic adventure TV Series streaming on July 24, 2024 on Apple TV+.  The Time Bandits, an eccentric crew of thieves, embark on an unpredictable journey guided through time and space  by Penelope, their leader, and their newest recruit, an 11-year-old history buff/geek/nerd named Kevin. This eccentric crew of thieves embark on epic adventures while evil forces threaten their spoils and their life as they know it. The ragtag group stumbles upon fascinating worlds of the distant past while seeking out treasure, and depending on Kevin's knowledge of history to shed light on each situation. The Time Bandits witness the creation of Stonehenge, see the Trojan Horse in action, escape dinosaurs in the prehistoric age, wreak havoc during medieval times, experience the ice age, ancient civilizations, the Harlem Renaissance, and much more along the way. 

Kal-El Tuck as Kevin
Lisa Kudrow as Penelope
Tadhg Murphy as Alto
Kiera Thompson as Saffron
Rune Temte as Bittelig
Charlyne Yi as Judy
Rachel House as Fianna
Roger Jean Nsengiyumva as Widgit
Matt King as De Plume
George Houvardas as Ajax the Lesser
Zoe Ventoura as Cassandra
some of the same actors play different roles when in different time lines

• Like 1

The show creators, runners are the same ones who did What we do in the Shadows?

But this presumably wouldn't be a mockumentary nor have the same kind of social commentary.

On 9/16/2024 at 8:06 PM, giovannif7 said:

I'm not really surprised but still a little sad, as I liked it.  I would have liked to see one more season (I think two probably would have been enough), since chasing the other bandit crew around might have been a nice change-of-pace from the first season rather than just be more of the same (which I'd agree wouldn't be good even though I generally liked the first season).