Type keyword(s) to search

S9.E03: WATN Julian & Cindy

• Start Topic

New, 5/15/2024

Julian and his wife Irma adopt a baby after their weight loss successes, but fatherhood proves difficult and may distract Julian from meeting his other goals; Cindy struggles to change her attitude so she can try to lose weight.

Julian was S10.E02 

Cindy was S9.E04   

Julian is one of my favorite poundticipants ever.  I'm so happy to read his life is so happy.   I'm hoping Julian and Irma can get through their changed situation and move forward in happiness and health.  

Cindy is the one that went to live with her former caregiver, and had no interest in losing weight, and finally returned to her home.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I suspect Cindy is the non-compliant patient, and Julian is the superstar.   

Cindy's caretake Denise is an enabler, not a caretaker.   Portland, TX.  I didn't realize it's over three hours from Dr. Now's, near Corpus Christi.  I can't believe she's video calling Dr. Now, wearing nothing but a sheet, fortunately it's pulled up high.   Sandy was so good to Cindy, and never had a second of thanks.   A Dr. Now home visit to Sandy's to see Cindy was so kind of him.   When Cindy says she's going back to Portland, because he was going to put her in a controlled environment, showed she never wanted to change.   Two months later stomach pain. Dr. Now puts her in the hospital.  

Julian and Irma.  She was afraid he would leave her if he lost weight, but she still supported him.  Well over 800 at first weigh in, but loses down to 714.  The move to Houston with the shaky trailer was so sad.    I remember the trailer breakdown over almost anything else that happened.   Was he the one who cruises to the gym on the motorized scooter on the regular road?  

Cindy is so happy just to lay there in bed, and have everyone wait on her.  She still doesn't have any intention of following the program.   Down 161 lbs in the hospital, and she looks the same.  So, Cindy went back to Sandy's house.    And her loss is very little now.   Sandy tells the truth to Dr. Now, Cindy is ordering food deliveries. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Cindy's back story from the Live Chat from her original episode:  

"She was big when she was a little kid. 140 lbs by 10. 

How awful, molested at eight.    I hope whoever molested her is burning in hell.  

300 lbs by 18.   Fell down the stairs at 25, couldn't work, and gained a lot.   500 by age 30.      Lymphedema by 35, diabetes by 36 or 37 in the hospital for a year, and lost 100 lbs., to 450 or so, and gained it right back."

Julian and Irma's little boy is so adorable, and I'm so happy for all three of them.   However, feeding him giant mounds of french fries and Ketchup while they stick to the Dr. Now diet is wrong.   They're setting him up to be in their shoes in a few years.    

I'm shocked Cindy qualified for surgery.  1 year and 6 months, Cindy goes to surgery, but she's just over 400 lbs, and that still makes her high risk.  They fix her hiatal hernia first, and then go to gastric sleeve, and Dr. Now "transitions to Robot".  Gastric sleeve complete in spite of her smaller abdominal cavity.  

Julian, 1 year and 8 months, with his adorable son.  Irma seems to have lost some also.   He's lost over 300 lbs, and claims he's determined to continue.   

Cindy 1 year and 8 months, lost just under 250 lbs., instead of the walk in the park, she's going fishing. 

Julian did so well, but I was surprised Cindy did fairly well also.   I wonder how they're doing now? 

I think whatever other issues Cindy has, pulling her hair skin tight has caused traction alopecia, possibly  aggrevated by her massive weight loss a long time ago, and her periodic dieting now.    Some users claim certain hair products cause hair loss too, from allergies or other ingredients, so she may be using the wrong products too. 

Since Cindy was using so much Garnier, it might have been smart for the company to skip advertising on this show tonight.  

Next is the first episode of Botched Bariatrics.   

Thursday is the Supersized version of this episode, Cindy & Julian, 7 to 9 pm Central.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2