Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Younger Games

• Start Topic

1714003913_header.jpg

In an attempt to become immortal, Marvin drinks a special potion that causes rapid de-aging. Meanwhile, the department hires a new lieutenant.

Premiere Date: May 5, 2024     FOX     9:30pm     

Asif Ali as Lt. Ravi

Grimsburg01-12.thumb.jpg.5bcb515cea6aa16d191bb779866ed68b.jpg

So the murder this week was...Lt. Kang?! And he's an immortal. He wasn't a ghost, he just drank some potions. I liked the plot of Marvin getting younger. 

I can't believe they saved Kid Flute bonding with Stan until the last ten minutes. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure how many people are watching this show, but I've really been enjoying it this season. I think it's my favorite Sunday night non-"Simpsons" animated show in a while. It seems to be pitched more solidly at adults, and I like how surprisingly violent it gets at times too. 

The humor for some reason reminds me of the old show "Sledge Hammer!", where you have a lead character who is sometimes good at his job but also often a morally disreputable character.  And I like how they've incorporated all these bizarre elements to a show that's ostensibly taking place in the "real" world- the cyborg police officer, the woman who was raised by bears, the lawyer who time-traveled somehow from the 1980s, and now the stuff in this episode with the immortality and the growing-younger potion.

Also, I think it's hilarious that there's a character voiced by Rosie Perez who they've designed to look exactly like her.