Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Whispers

• Start Topic

Tan finds himself on a one-man mission to save his new love interest and her journalist co-workers when mercenaries take over a black-tie correspondents' dinner. After the group escapes, it's up to SWAT to track down the well-trained gunmen before anyone else is killed. Meanwhile, Hondo and Nichelle return home to find their house trashed, placing them at odds when it's revealed that Nichelle has a secret. And when Hicks, Mumford and Buck take a trip down memory lane, it threatens to end their decades-long friendships, on S.W.A.T., Friday, May 3 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

letter-d.jpg.62b00076213af5f29c16e82cd749b613.jpg

The Hicks/Buck/Mumford fight did produce a touching moment.

Emily Alabi also did well as Olivia. I'm glad she's decided to stay...and judging by the muscles she's got...Olivia should join SWAT.

I also thought Zoe Powell was a bit more likeable in this episode than she usually is. Maybe Anna Enger Ritch is cut out for the main cast after all.

Nichelle and Hondo also displayed some great teamwork too, though a home break-in will be tough to overcome in one night. Walter Fauntleroy did pretty well as the unhinged Bruce too.

That's about it for the positives.

It was a pretty rote case, and it succumbed to several cliches, like the British bad guy and the first guy to die was the black guy. I also have to ask questions about why important newspaper material was kept at a vault in the same place that hosts a swanky ball.

We also had S.W.A.T.'s usual quick pace in its usual attempt to establish urgency...oh, and bad guys who are dangerous who will stop at nothing and kill whomever is in their way to get what they want.

I've heard of shows having formulas but...this is over the top.

No Deacon in this episode.

Two more episodes to go...

This is my favorite episode of S07. Seeing Victor Tan fights the bad guys in tux is so satisfying. The stunts on the stairs are badass. David Lim is so underrated.

Re his new romance, am not sure how long it will last because Olivia is career-minded and also an alpha female. I feel like slapping Powell when she keeps saying “she is a keeper”. B!tch, mind your own business.

I also like the Hicks/Buck/Mumford story. It’s juvenile. It’s messy. It’s petty. Men and their childish behaviors. 😆

The Nichelle/Bruce arc is overstretched. They don’t need 3 episodes to wrap it up. Nichelle is a pointless character, it’s a waste of screen time.

Bruce: “I’m going to ruin your life!”

Me: …by forcing Hondo to shoot you in a clearly justified case of self defense? Dude, Hondo’s body count is easily over four dozen by now. I don’t think he’s losing any sleep over putting down an idiot like you.