Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Saddlebags

• Start Topic

AAAABVXUyKTJm5h91y5ez_AshVi_OkWfgMWuKPgt

On the heels of a lavish birthday blowout, Charlie suddenly finds his business empire in jeopardy as those around him contend with crises of their own.

Premiere Date: May 2, 2024       Netflix    

I watched most of the first episode.  "A Man in Full" was my favorite book by Thomas Wolfe.  I remember that when they made a movie out of his book "Bonfire of the Vanities", it was butchered so badly that Mr. Wolfe insisted his name be removed from the credits.  They have changed the main character, but some of the others remain somewhat the same -- i.e. guy gets his car towed and gets put in jail.  I remember what eventually happened to him in the book, so will have to see if it plays out the same.   In any event, I think I'm going to enjoy this series for what it is and not harp too much on whether or not the book is followed.  

I enjoyed the first episode. I read the book a long time ago and don't remember the details, so I'm glad I can watch this now and not know what is going to happen. It was a little vulgar for my taste but that's typical of many Netflix shows. 

I haven't seen Jeff Daniels in a role like this.