Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Episode 1

• Start Topic

dbc47ab6-2d76-4e6c-8a20-d3a899e3623a?bas

Matthew Shardlake is sent by Thomas Cromwell to a remote monastery to investigate a brutal murder, and to close the monastery. To his irritation, he is accompanied by Cromwell’s handsome and arrogant man, Jack Barak. Upon arrival, the two men are met with a wall of conspiracy and silence. 

Premiere Date: May 1, 2024      Hulu

Arghh!  Nobody else watched?  Enjoying it so far.

It's very much like the book.  Matthew and Barak are perfectly cast.  I'm not sure about Sean Bean.  Cromwell in this series is different than in Mantell's. Gotta keep remembering that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm really admiring the production values, the casting and the overall somber tone.  It really reminds me of the books.  While I read Dissolution, it has been a while so I cannot comment on how closely or not closely the writers are sticking to the text.  But they are capturing Shardlake and Barack very well.  Cromwell is still Mark Rylance in my head.  I caught the 'dedicated to Chris Sansom' at the very end.  Very sad.

• Like 1