Type keyword(s) to search

S23:E1 Nick and Emily

• Start Topic

(edited)

Nick and Emily are addicted to carfentanil.  Nick’s family has stepped up to care for them 

Hopefully this won’t merge with the topic description. I think it’s actually a Canadian episode 

I’m halfway  through the episode.  I have no sympathy for Nick, Emily, or Nick’s mom (the enabler supreme).   I have great sympathy for the rest of the family. Especially Jane and Malia. Malia should not be exposed to Nick and Emily.   That’s one of the reasons I have no sympathy for Nick’s Mom.  She’s not protecting her granddaughter. 

Edited by mythoughtis

And of course my reply merged with the topic. Pre-intervention:  Nick’s parents blaming Emily for.  Nick’s addiction which started long before Emily came into the picture.  Nicky’s sister telling it like it is!  Nick’s mom has been sabotaging Emily’s family’s bottom line.  Intervention- the family did do great intervention letters. 

I was more skeptical than usual of the family's attestations that Nick was this wonderful kid who was full of love, strength and personality. From what was shown, Nick has been stoned or drugged since 7th grade and hopelessly enthralled by his older druggie brother ( conveniently never on screen). Now he's a slumped lump in the garage/bathroom/ kitchen/bedroom and who needs to see that? 

I get mom's guilt over the death of older brother's girlfriend but the family should have done therapy and kicked the two out. Sad to see Emily leave treatment but she will find some other druggie to take her in. She's skilled at manipulation and probably will never have to hit rock bottom.

Fingers crossed Nick's recovery lasts.

On 4/29/2024 at 10:54 AM, Red Bridey said:

I was more skeptical than usual of the family's attestations that Nick was this wonderful kid who was full of love, strength and personality. From what was shown, Nick has been stoned or drugged since 7th grade and hopelessly enthralled by his older druggie brother ( conveniently never on screen). Now he's a slumped lump in the garage/bathroom/ kitchen/bedroom and who needs to see that? 

I get mom's guilt over the death of older brother's girlfriend but the family should have done therapy and kicked the two out. Sad to see Emily leave treatment but she will find some other druggie to take her in. She's skilled at manipulation and probably will never have to hit rock bottom.

Fingers crossed Nick's recovery lasts.

They said that Nick’s brother was “unavailable” to participate. I think he is either in jail or rehab.

• Like 2