Type keyword(s) to search

Renaming the "Primary Care Topic"

• Start Topic

Renaming "Primary Care Topic"   POLL OPEN

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It was brought to our attention that "Primary Care Topic" can imply that it's the place to discuss all medical related issues. One suggestion was to rename the topic to "Medical Chat". Another suggestion was to create two topics in order to separate physical health from mental health, so one "Physical Health and Wellness" topic and one "Mental Health and Wellness" topic.

Please vote in the poll and/or share your thoughts below.

(edited)

Is this referring to “Health and Wellness Chit-Chat: Your Primary Care Topic” (in this forum:  https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/1322-health-wellness/)?  If that’s the case, I vote for leave as is - seems to explain the topic well. If that’s not the thread you mean, please clarify. 

(And if this is the forum I’m thinking of, there’s already a mental health topic. Maybe consider pinning Primary Care and Mental Health if people are getting confused?)

Edited by SoMuchTV
Edited to specify which forum I’m referring to
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Is this referring to “Health and Wellness Chit-Chat: Your Primary Care Topic”?  If that’s the case, I vote for leave as is - seems to explain the topic well. If that’s not the thread you mean, please clarify. 

(And if this is the forum I’m thinking of, there’s already a mental health topic. Maybe consider pinning Primary Care and Mental Health if people are getting confused?)

I think this is what is being considered:

Right now, under Everything Else, there is a topic:

Considerations:
For new users, it would be clearest to rename them as “Medical Chat” and “Mental Health Chat.”

However, for current users, the renaming might cause confusion, so at least announce this poll in those 2 threads?

"Health and Wellness Chit-Chat: Your Primary Care Topic" could at least have the cutesy and misleading "Your Primary Care Topic" removed without any current users being confused. 
But "Medical Chat" would be clearest, IMO.

Probably changing "Stress, Depression, Anxiety and other Mental Health-related things" to "Mental Health Chat" wouldn't cause much confusion among current users, especially if a note was pinned at the top announcing the change. 

My opinion:
Since both are long threads, lock them and start fresh with:

• Medical Chat
  • Mental Health Chat

…including a link to the old thread at the top of the new thread, and:
Describe what the thread is about at the top of each new thread.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Is this referring to “Health and Wellness Chit-Chat: Your Primary Care Topic” (in this forum:  https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/1322-health-wellness/)?  If that’s the case, I vote for leave as is - seems to explain the topic well.

Same here; I find nothing confusing about that thread's title.  It follows the pattern of thread titles across this site: A straightforward statement of what it's about, followed by a play on words.  It's the Chit-Chat thread of the Health & Wellness section.  Then there are more focused threads for specific aspects of health & wellness.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Also, it seems this poll should be posted in the Health & Wellness section so everyone who reads that section has the opportunity to vote and discuss; not everyone checks this Site Business section.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I agree with @SoMuchTV and @Bastet.

There is no need to rename the threads since they’re very straightforward and no confusion. And I also agree this poll should be in the thread that is being affected. Most often than not, posters don’t even know to come here.

• Like 2