Type keyword(s) to search

Star Wars: Tales of the Empire - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Disney plus

May 4

Animated & Kids

Star Wars: Tales of the Empire is an all-new six-episode anthology series of stories off the heels of the original Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi. Take a look at the trailer showcasing the series' two main stories centered around Morgan Elsbeth and Barriss Offee as they serve the Empire on one singular path to the dark side of the Force. The trailer also shows fan-favorite characters such as Grand Admiral Thrawn and the legendary General Grievous.

(edited)

Morgan Elsbeth wants revenge... for what? All the other NightSisters getting killed? Then working for the Empire is inexplicable...

Big Brain Thrawn fails to point this out as well...

Edited by paigow
  • Like 1

Yeah, didn't really care that much about Morgan. I mean, the animation was great, liked a peek at another clan from Dathomir, and Grievous and the droids were terrifying. But I think I understood Morgan better before these episodes. And who knew that it was Morgan that designed the TIE Defenders. And it will all come to naught, thanks to Ezra and Sabine. Hahahaha. I remembered Rukh? Ruckh? from Rebels too. He looked way better here. And still glad that

Spoiler

he gets fried at the end. 

On the other hand, I really liked Barriss's story. She wasn't sure about the Inquisitors, figured out real quick that it was not for her at all, and was able to actually become the Jedi/Force user she wanted to be. If she was angry at the Jedi for making her become a soldier and turning away from the Light, she was able to finally become who she wanted to be--a healer, someone who defends life. And truly, I think Ahsoka would understand. Vader? No. Ahsoka, who she really betrayed, yes. She gets it. The only thing that makes me sad is that Ahsoka still has to fight and Barriss got to put that aside. 

On an aesthetic note, I hated the shiny hair. Brought to mind Rebels. Ugh. Please stop with the shiny hair. Otherwise the animation was absolutely beautiful.

Can we get Tales of the Clones now?

(edited)

Filoni must have wanted Anne Hathaway as a guest voice... but instead turned Barriss into her...

image.png.c871aa27a64af83a95a7df4b6738b070.png

Edited by paigow

New Republic really thought Morgan would be scared by 6 poorly armed traffic cops? No wonder the First Order grew quickly.

The Morgan story was boring.  She wanted revenge against who?  The Separatists were defeated, they no longer exist.  Who exactly was she going to take her revenge out on?

The Barriss story was ok but kinda pointless.

Overall, I was disappointed with this entire series.

On 5/6/2024 at 8:43 PM, KeithJ said:

The Morgan story was boring.  She wanted revenge against who?  The Separatists were defeated, they no longer exist.  Who exactly was she going to take her revenge out on?

The Barriss story was ok but kinda pointless.

Overall, I was disappointed with this entire series.

That's what I was trying to figure out, unless the point was that her Parkside emotions (anger, hate, fear) clouded all logic. It didn't matter that the people who killed her family (General Greevis and The Separatists were defeated) she just needed someone to hate?

While I liked the episodes,  I don't really think it added much to the character, I didn't need her backstory to understand her roles in The Mandalorian/Ahsoka.

I'm going to watch the Barris episodes later today.