Type keyword(s) to search

X-Men Crossovers

• Start Topic

I couldn't think of a better title.

After watchin the latest, I went back (because I remembered the X-Men) appearing in 1982's Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (twice), 1994's Spider-Man, and I could have sworn they also appeared in The Fantastic Four, but the one available on Disney+ isn't on there. I know there were two Fantastic Four shows.

Anyway.

It's so odd, that in the first one, we have Cyclops, Kitty (called Pride), Night Crawler, Colossus, Storm, and some Native American who's a shape shifter. And of course, Professor X. It's weird that in this episode, (and it gave me the heebie jeebies), that Cyc and Kitty had something going, because he held her close in his arms as she cried on his shoulder because she thought Nightcrawler had played a mean joke on her.

Of course it was FireStar's ex, Nathan, now Cyberiad, getting revenge on her for turning him into a borg.

Then we've got "A Firestar is Born" which tells us the origin of FireStar, and here we have newbies Storm and Wolverine, with an Aussie accent and no attitude, ArchAngel, Cyclops, Jean (but called Marvel Girl), Professor X. And it's the X-Men's five year reunion or something. Spidey isn't allowed to join, but ends up there, because Juggenaut is on his way to beat the crap out the X-Men or something. My mind's a sieve this morning.

And THEN, we have Spidey's '94 series, where Peter's mutating, so we've got most of the gang in two episodes. They look weird. Because the animation for that show is so different from the '92 show. They look....like pale versions of themselves.

I don't know why I'm thinking they also showed up on The Fantastic Four. I seem to recall Wolverine and The Thing butting heads. Or am I thinking of Hulk and The Thing?

Fun fact about the Spiderman crossover.  In the 2 episode crossover Storm is voiced by Alison-Sealy Smith, the second (and current) VA for the character.  However, when Storm showed up in the Secret Wars arc she was voiced by her original VA (Iona Morris).

Speaking of Spidey, I wonder if he (or Deadpool) will be showing up in a cameo.  Both characters exist in the show's continuity, and Deadpool has a movie coming out this summer....

• Like 1

If I'm not wrong (and I'm really hoping I'm not), Spidey's animation rights still belong to Marvel, not Sony, so him showing up in '97 shouldn't be an issue. They could do a whole crossover episode with Spidey, then if the audience tests well, we could finally get Spider-Man '98.

Then again, with Spider-Man: Freshman Year on the way (now retitled as Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man), a whole second animated series for Spider-Man is highly unlikely. A cameo on '97? Maybe, but if there's not gonna be a Spider-Man '98, the prospect of having a full appearance on X-Men '97 seems like a pipe dream as well.

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It would be cool if Spidey showed up in the new show. But he never did in the ‘92 show. The X-Men appeared on the Spidey ones.

Oh yeah, you're right. I got it flipped around.

The 90's Spider-Man was full of other Marvel comic characters. It had Daredevil, Captain America, Punisher, Doctor Strange, Blade, etc.

Plus the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Iron Man who all had their own animated series at that time. Since they all appeared on Spider-Man, I assumed it was meant as an intentional crossover. I watched it all dubbed on Fox Kids in Europe in the early 2000's, so I had no idea if the original voice actors were the same, but the animation looked more or less similar, so ...

And the Secret Wars episodes were epic.