Type keyword(s) to search

Season Five: Goodbye Bo Kent

• Start Topic

(edited)

Sorry to beat you to it @GHScorpiosRuleĀ but why should you have all the fun of naming threads? šŸ˜‚If youā€™d like me to do others, please let me know.

Anyway, as the title says, this is the season where we lost Bo Kent in a trade-off for Lanaā€™s lifeā€”as if we didnā€™t have enough reasons to hate her. Or for Clark to have more guilt issues. Ughhhh.

We also got what was hinted at for years: that Clark and Lexā€™s ultimate falling out would be over LANA. Double UGHHHHHHHHHH. These fucking writers, manā€¦

But points to Martha for finally pointing out what had been obvious years ago: if Clark truly felt he couldnā€™t tell Lana everything, then maybe just maybe she was wasnā€™t the right one for him. Too bad that sage advice didnā€™t sink in to his BDA head.

On the bright side, we got Clark and Chloe finally being a real team, no secrets between them! That was refreshing. Also legacy characters like Arthur Curry/Aquaman, Brainiac, and even (at the end) Zod.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2
(edited)

No problem! I was going to title this the same thing!

And I guess Show decided to go the 1978 movie route by killing off Jonathan, even though he was alive and well in the animated series.

The relationship between Lex and Lana was all kinds of ickiness to me, because of the age discrepancy; she was still a fucking teenager when his obsession started in season 4 and his 180 from being Clark's cheerleader to urge him to go after Lana, to suddenly want him for himself was just gross.

But I love "Vengeance" for two scenes: when Clark and Chloe work together to try and find The Vigilante. And Clark tells Chloe she needs to yell with "more passion!" and then her "STAAAAAHP!!!!! HELP!!!!"Ā  is so outrageously hilarious.

And the end scene, when Clark finally breaks down and cries in Martha's arms. Makes me FUGLY cry all the damn time. Just as the scene with them in "Solitude" when Brainiac infects Martha, and Clark promises her he won't let her die.

AI Jor-El just pisses me off when he's trying to be gentle and say he had nothing to do with it, or that it was Clark who gave up his powers. NO. He did NOT. He missed YOUR fucking deadline and you STRIPPED him of his powers; and then, oh so generously gave them back when he was killed. Then has the nerve to tell Clark now Clark has to pay with the life of one of his loved ones.

And sorry Clark. But you were never human. And I also hate that Clark and Kal-El are supposed to be two different personalities. No, they are the same. Kal-El isn't EVIL. Back in Season 4, when Martha is using the Black Kryptonite, Show makes it seem as if Kal is EVUHL. No, that was CLARK-on RED Kryptonite, you fucking asses, AlMiles!

Making Lionel the oracle just pissed me off, though I love John Glover. There was that joke on TWoP, that Lionel with the long hair was EVUHL, but short hair Lionel was Good!

I don't know that I want to watch "Reckoning" because we lose Bo Kent. I will watch "Vengeance" then maybe skip to the last two episodes, if only to see that LIPLOCK between Clark and Chloe. You can see Clark enjoying that kiss as much as Chloe, so I again call BULLSHIT on his not having feelings for her. His obsession with Lana just suppressed them. ThenĀ  we have him all jealous next season, which made me cackle.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
(edited)
40 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

ThenĀ  we have him all jealous next season, which made me cackle.

Letā€™s be real, he was jealous of Chloe AND the Clex bullshit.

40 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ā 

AI Jor-El just pisses me off when he's trying to be gentle and say he had nothing to do with it, or that it was Clark who gave up his powers. NO. He did NOT. He missed YOUR fucking deadline and you STRIPPED him of his powers; and then, oh so generously gave them back when he was killed. Then has the nerve to tell Clark now Clark has to pay with the life of one of his loved ones.

I get the whole ā€œbalanceā€ excuse, but yeah, seriously dick moves from AIJor-El there.

Lana acted like a pill post-Jonathan death Ā too. Fine, Clark was pushing people away, but thatā€™sĀ grief. Sometimes thereā€™s nothing you can do to help except let people deal until theyā€™re ready to come to you. And this shitty to say, but Iā€™m just going to say it: Lana barely knew or remembered her parents, they were just an idea to her. So she does not really know how it feels what itā€™s like to lose a parent youā€™ve loved and known all your live. Her grief was not the same experience as his grief, so sheā€™s not the grief expert.

Shall I make some threads for other seasons, or do you want to do it?

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Done!

Heh. Not sure about the ten title, even if it is true. Like I posted elsewhere, the show runners just decided to flip the switch and match it up to the comics.

Chloe proved that she is the BEST FRIEND Clark ever had; she saved his life and had to have a come to Jesus talk with this idiot Lois.

Oops. Wrong thread!

• LOL 1
22 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Heh. Not sure about the ten title, even if it is true. Like I posted elsewhere, the show runners just decided to flip the switch and match it up to the comics.

It was referring to the fact they cheated us out of seeing him wear the suitā€¦although maybe I should have used ā€œshowā€ instead of ā€œwritersā€ā€¦unless it was specifically written in the script that we didnā€™t get to see it. ā€œNo tights no flightsā€ my ASS, he flew dammit!!!!

Oops, now Iā€™M getting off topic lol.

• LOL 1

Ooh another good episode from this season was ā€œFragileā€ directed by Tom himself. We got Clark at his best here, gently connecting with Maddie over animals and art. He promises Maddie to draw her the best self-portrait ever seen and cracks her up with a stick figure. šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜ I tried to find a clip of that part and dammit, there isnā€™t any!Ā 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/21/2024 at 9:11 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

The relationship between Lex and Lana was all kinds of ickiness to me, because of the age discrepancy; she was still a fucking teenager when his obsession started in season 4 and his 180 from being Clark's cheerleader to urge him to go after Lana, to suddenly want him for himself was just gross.

Ā 

There was an age discrepancy between her and Jason as well. Not to mention he joined the high school staff as a coach. So that too was icky in hindsight.

God, Lana sure knew how to pick ā€˜em, didnā€™t she?

Edited by Spartan Girl