Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Episode 6

• Start Topic

As the 2nd series reaches the halfway point, which of the Faithful won't make it to breakfast. The players regroup to embark upon a grave mission. Who can avoid the spotlight at the Round Table? Claudia has a surprise for the Traitors.

Peacock (US) 2024-03-14

I am enjoying this season and read in the combined thread that they had a postmortem for the UK version, too.  I could not find it on Peacock, but found it on Youtube as Traitors: Uncloaked.  While I enjoyed it and hope the US version picks up on this and lets the departed players know who the traitors were (the last banished person I saw so far had a very entertaining reaction!), unfortunately I spoiled myself since Youtube recommends all of the Uncloaks, so you will know who else is eliminated.  I tried so hard to be unspoiled!!!  

• Useful 3

The more I think about it, the more I wonder why production would allow the mother/son competitors. I am in no way accusing the current folks of anything, but it seems like there is so much potential for sketchiness. If a pair had agreed to some basic strategy ahead of time, and both got fairly close to the end, it seems like they would have a huge advantage in strategizing so that at least one of them could prevail. I’m sure there are rules against making agreements to split the winnings, but when you’re looking at family members (or h/w), is that really enforceable?

• Like 3
12 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

The more I think about it, the more I wonder why production would allow the mother/son competitors. I am in no way accusing the current folks of anything, but it seems like there is so much potential for sketchiness. If a pair had agreed to some basic strategy ahead of time, and both got fairly close to the end, it seems like they would have a huge advantage in strategizing so that at least one of them could prevail. I’m sure there are rules against making agreements to split the winnings, but when you’re looking at family members (or h/w), is that really enforceable?

For this very type of drama. The producers care about making compelling television. Having a secret duo is fun. That was the priority and I guess they figure out the rest to make it work.

So far Ross and Diane are doing so much better than the "secret duo" in the last season it isn't funny.  Although Diane starting to suspect her son of being a traitor is.  We think he's deliberately wearing those awful glasses to disguise the shape of his face.

Diane is the CT of this season - she's banked the most money.

Are they doing the challenges in the exact order from the US show?  And it's definitely warmer - they were wearing shorts in the last episode.

4 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Are they doing the challenges in the exact order from the US show?

Not exactly, but close.  The mission before the last one for the US version was much earlier and the UK did it in teams at the same time.  They have also switched up some minor details in some of the missions.

I guess I could go back and check, but didn't the first UK version have a couple that was dating, or somehow they knew each other before the show.  I thought that having two people know each beforehand might be the gimmick for the UK version and US thought they would try it out.  I like that Diane and Ross are not letting anyone know about their connection - I think it is better this way!

• Like 1

First season UK had the dating couple Tom and someone.  Tom spectacularly outed them during one of the breakfasts.  Ross and Diane are handling this better.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, meep.meep said:

First season UK had the dating couple Tom and someone.  Tom spectacularly outed them during one of the breakfasts.  Ross and Diane are handling this better.

Thanks for the refresher!

• Like 2