Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: I Love You Most of All

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

Coco hosts a world-famous fashion editor in the hopes of helping orchestrate her comeback.

Christian faces family pressure from his father.

Airdate: March 20, 2024

• Thanks 1

At this point, Coco should have accepted her reputation as Nazi sympathizer. It’s something that cannot be undone.

That’s such a weird styling choice. They make Glenn Close looks more like Mrs. Doubtfire than Carmel Snow! 👀

The depiction of Cristóbal Balenciaga is spot on. He’s a very private person, not into limelight.

The grief from the loss of his papa and some poetic words from his brother, Bernard have inspired Christian’s definitive piece. Hopefully the actual dress will look much better than this sketch. 😬   

F04125F6-1BDA-4D79-B3E6-A7D7948D500B.jpeg

I want to like his show more than I actually do.  The acting is great and there are some scenes with emotional impact.  But the pacing seems soooooo sloooowww.  I find myself drifting off to sleep in the middle of every episode (which I watch after dinner and the news).  Then I have to rewind to see what I’ve missed.  Which turns out to be not much of anything.

Nazi sympathizer or not, I’m sick of Coco and her story.  I’m beyond sick of her annoying friend and hope we’ve seen the last of her.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

The grief from the loss of his papa and some poetic words from his brother, Bernard have inspired Christian’s definitive piece. Hopefully the actual dress will look much better than this sketch. 😬   

We saw the actual dress at the end of the first episode.

Compared to some other shows I've been watching recently, this moves at a cracking pace and doesn't cover and recover the same ground.  I'm looking at you Feud!

I appreciate the show comparing what's happening to Dior and Channel.  LeLonge and Dior made dresses for the Nazi wives and girlfriends while Channel closed her atelier and perfume business, but then partied with the Nazis.  On the surface, they appear about equally guilty of collaboration.  It's just knowing more details about Channel's association with Spatz and the bribes to get her nephew out of prison leading to her trying to contact Churchill that make her greater involvement apparent.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

We saw the actual dress at the end of the first episode.

The Bar Suit is briefly seen in the 1955 Sorbonne scene, at the beginning of the premiere. Not at the end.

DIOR Bar Suit.jpg

• Love 1
11 hours ago, LoveIsJoy said:

I want to like his show more than I actually do.  The acting is great and there are some scenes with emotional impact.  But the pacing seems soooooo sloooowww.

I'm with you.  I tuned in for an interesting look at fashion.   I did not anticipate a WWII drama involving Nazi concentration camps, torture and survivor's guilt.  I've begun to wonder if this is more than a single season show because we're 8 episodes into a 10 episode show and we're just now getting to what the show was advertised to be about. 

Fun fact:  I've been reading Dior's autobiography and scene about the model applicants coming from the closed brothel houses is true.  

• Like 2