Type keyword(s) to search

Season One: The Charming and Adorable Clark Kent

• Start Topic

(edited)

I didn't want to use the previous season one title, "freak-of the week" though more apt, but I'm watching this again on Hulu, and I still love it because we got an endearing, charming, and adorable Clark Kent.

Yes, at times, morose and angsty, but he's a teenager. But the potential-AH! The potential that AlMiles and then those fuckwits Peterson and Souders fucked up, but good.

I still can't stand Lana or the whole LanaLanaLana!fest that every character has for her. Supposedly Whitney is her boyfriend, but she more than treated Clark like a placeholder/back up (out of the blue) with all of her "Don't let me down, Clark" or "I'm trusting you to be there for me and I don't want any excuses, Clark" or that ridiculous line to Clark about why she's with Whitney: Because he's there when she needs him. PLEASE.

When Clark opens his eyes, and actually looks at Chloe (after a few pinches of jealousy), he is absolutely ADORABLE. And he never, ever, ever, looked at Lana (hey! did you know that

her parents were flattened like pancakes?

) the way he did in "Tempest" and of course that just HAD to be ruined because. Tornado. And why couldn't Whitney leave for the Marines AFTER the Spring Formal? And that tone-deaf speech to Clark to watch after Lana, when he was there with Chloe?!

I know it's problematic for a LOT of folks to see Allison Mack, considering what she's done. I can separate the character from the actor. Just as I can with Schneider. More often than not, Bo Kent is an ass. But he's a much better father than the ridonkulous "voice" of Jor-El, something that does not exist as the real Jor-El is DEAD.

All that said, I do absolutely love the first season. I'm up to three now, but will create one for two and three later.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 1

Woo-hoo! Pages for each season!

25 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know it's problematic for a LOT of folks to see Allison Mack, considering what she's done. I can separate the character from the actor. Just as I can with Schneider

Same, although what happened with both is enough to break my heart.

I honestly put up with all this season’s both Lana and non-Lana nonsense just for the measly scraps of Superman Easter eggs. And just to look at the gorgeous Tom Welling for an hour.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Same, although what happened with both is enough to break my heart.

It really does break my heart as well. I'm trying very hard not to swoon over how rugged and good looking he is, so I just focus all my swooning for Tom.

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

I honestly put up with all this season’s both Lana and non-Lana nonsense just for the measly scraps of Superman Easter eggs. And just to look at the gorgeous Tom Welling for an hour.

Oh YES! Those cheekbones! Those everchanging eyes!  And that adorable/adorkable smile!

In Love Hearts GIF

And of course the wonderful talent of Michael Rosenbaum, who also played the wonderful, adorkable Wally West/Flash on animated Justice League at the same time!

And I loved the coincidence that both Michael and John Glover, who played Lionel, are both southpaws, as are Lionel and Lex!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
On 3/18/2024 at 2:36 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I still can't stand Lana or the whole LanaLanaLana!fest that every character has for her. Supposedly Whitney is her boyfriend, but she more than treated Clark like a placeholder/back up (out of the blue) with all of her "Don't let me down, Clark" or "I'm trusting you to be there for me and I don't want any excuses, Clark" or that ridiculous line to Clark about why she's with Whitney: Because he's there when she needs him. PLEASE.

I think the earliest red flag about Lana—other than her kryptonite necklace, but more on that in a minute—was that she didn’t dump Whitney’s ass permanently for tying Clark up like a scarecrow in the pilot just because he got jealous of seeing her and Clark…talking together. Seriously. She only broke up with him for two seconds then forgave him. And then spent the rest of the season dicking Clark around while still seeing Whitney. And using his dying dad as an excuse not to break up with him.

Also, and I have to say it: why would you WANT to wear a piece of the meteor that killed your parents?! Grief makes us all weird, but seriously!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1