Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: The Heroes' Banquet

• Start Topic

matthias-schoenaerts_1.jpg?itok=gAtRgKLN

After sending Zubak to take her place at a cabinet meeting, Elena fields warnings about her new land reform policies and America’s growing indifference following Sen. Holt’s visit. Later, after throwing a birthday party for her deceased father, Elena orders a controversial military operation...and sends Zubak to the front lines.

Premiere Date: Sunday, March 17, 2024     HBO      9pm     

Hmm, so in her dream Elena’s father demeans her, verbally degrades her.

That breaks Zubak’s spell?

How is Zubak not executed, after putting his hands on Elena and beating that guy to a pulp?

How does Elena have that British accent?  Yes educated in the West but she was telling off American reporters and Senator Holt with all the British superciliousness.

But Elena has invited sanctions and she may have to cave to the Americans.

Or be deposed by a coup from the people losing money because of sanctions and before that her refusing the US access to her country’s resources.

On 3/18/2024 at 11:12 PM, aghst said:

How is Zubak not executed, after putting his hands on Elena and beating that guy to a pulp?

The only reason I can think of is, for whatever reason, Elena still wants Zubak alive. 

On 3/18/2024 at 11:12 PM, aghst said:

Hmm, so in her dream Elena’s father demeans her, verbally degrades her.

That was the most interesting scene in the episode for me. He really did a number on her as a parent. I'm curious to learn more about her mother. Did she really go mad or did the father just tell Elena that because he needed to give her a reason for why her mother was no longer present?

Not many comments. It's telling that it took me an extra week to get to this episode. It's not exactly must see TV for me the way that Mildred Pierce and Mare of Easttown were.

• Like 2