Type keyword(s) to search

The Baxters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

GGPdrYZaEAA9SWi?format=jpg&name=large

The Baxters is a faith-based family drama streaming on Prime Video on March 28, 2024. The Baxters follows Elizabeth and John Baxter and their five adult children. The Baxters is based on a series of books (more than 20) written by Karen Kingsbury. The TV Series has had a difficult road with over 3 Seasons being produced over several years without any of them being broadcast. Each TV Season corresponds to one book in the series, following in book order.

Season One (10 episodes) of The Baxters TV Series is based on the book Redemption and centers on Elizabeth and John’s daughter, Kari, who learns the shocking truth that her professor husband, Tim, has been secretly having an affair with one of his college students. As Kari's relationship is tested, she must seek comfort in her faith and family to discover if love is truly a choice and if her marriage can be redeemed. In this deeply moving journey, The Baxters must come together as a family to work through the challenges of life. 

Ted McGinley as John Baxter, family patriarch

MV5BNWUwOTU0ZDItNGZjYS00MTYzLTg2NzktNzli

Roma Downey as  Elizabeth Baxter, family matriarch

MV5BMWIwYjg5ZDEtOWQwYy00YTAyLWE0OWMtNGYx

Ali Cobrin as Kari Baxter Jacobs, Elizabeth and John’s daughter, a part-time model

MV5BMmExMGVlMzgtNWZmMy00MjZkLThlZjYtMDMw

Brandon Hirsch as Tim Jacobs, Kari's husband a college professor having an affair with one of his students 

Taylour Paige as Angela Manning, a beautiful college student

MV5BZDY1MTA4MDUtMzA3OS00YzQ2LWEzZWMtZGM0

Jake Allyn as Ryan Taylor, Kari's ex-boyfriend

Masey McLain as Ashley Baxter, Elizabeth and John’s daughter

MV5BYmRlYWNhNDktNjU0MS00N2QyLThiYzYtMzQ5

Asher Morrissette as Cole Baxter

MV5BMzg1NjRiYTktNWE5Yi00ZTdhLWJhYzMtMTdh

Orel De La Mota as Landon Blake

MV5BMTQ0MWM4YjgtYzdiYS00NTk5LThjYjMtMTQ2

Josh Plasse as Luke Baxter, Elizabeth and John’s son

MV5BODMzZjBhYzEtZWIyYi00NzA5LWFjYzMtMTYy

Cassidy Gifford as Reagan Decker

MV5BZWM4ZTkxYzQtMGM5MC00NzMxLWEwMTYtNjYz

Emily Peterson as Brooke Baxter, Elizabeth and John’s daughter

MV5BOTBjZDdmZjYtYjVlYS00NDFmLWE3YmYtMGM1

Reilly Anspaugh as Erin Baxter, Elizabeth and John’s daughter

MV5BZWRlZDIyZjMtZmQ2NC00ODc1LWExYzQtZWEx

Kathie Lee Gifford as Lillian Ashford

Elin Correa as Maddie Baxter-West

Damien Leake as Pastor Mark

GIfIfp5aIAEdbHO?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

I thought this was about the circa 1980 show in which the second thirty minutes was spent with a studio audience discussing the issue of the week in the episode.

On 3/12/2024 at 9:32 PM, AnimeMania said:

Ted McGinley as John Baxter, family patriarch

Holy crap! It's weird to see him for the first time since Married with Children!

• Like 1

Season 1 (10 episodes) based on Karen Kingsbury book: Redemption (2002)

Season 2 (12 episodes) based on Karen Kingsbury book: Remember (2003)

Season 3 (12 episodes) based on Karen Kingsbury book: Return (2003)

I watched the first episode of S1. I like that there is a faith-based show on Amazon (or any streaming platform for that matter) and appreciated seeing characters who believe in God and pray regularly. I remember Roma Downey from Touched by an Angel

Having said that, I found the show heavy-handed and the acting a little stilted, especially the actor who plays Kari. I'm hoping it gets better and the show finds its footing. I will keep watching. I find it so refreshing not to have to cringe at the f-word being thrown out all the time and other coarse language. I'm just tired of it. 

I didn't recognize Ted McGinley at first. The really dark hair threw me off. I remember him from way back. 

• Love 1