Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Moms And Rats

• Start Topic

I finally watched this, and Ben reacting like wanting to trap and release the rat rather than kill it is the most bizarre thing he's ever heard was weird.  Sure, most people kill them (and, unfortunately, some of those people use inhumane methods of doing so), but there's a reason they manufacture and sell catch & release traps -- some people use those instead.  There's no drawback (they cost more than those awful snap traps, but we're talking $15, not $50, and dude owns a hardware store), despite his ridiculous argument the rats are too smart to go into one of those traps but will take the same bait in a snap trap (first hint, Ben - use peanut butter, not cheese), so what's with all the complaining?  No wonder Darlene got so frustrated with him.

I wish there was one person in the family who understands credit card debt has to be paid out of the estate, it doesn't disappear when the cardholder dies, but the show seems to be sticking with this notion that they did it for Roseanne and will do it any time they're asked.  Because banks are so known for their generosity.

It's the same universe in which a clinical trial participant can leave town for as long as she wants, but at least with that part of the story I could get into the emotion of Bev's happiness and Jackie's happiness for her.  The actors have played that difficult relationship for so long, it must have been nice to switch beats, especially if the idea is this may be the last scene they ever do together.

• Like 4