Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Nothing But Blue Skies

• Start Topic

After 3 episodes, there are more stories about war & survival than fashion & creation. I have been deceived by the trailer. It’s a bit disappointing. 😣

I keep comparing this show to Cristóbal Balenciaga series. CB has a better storytelling with more focus on fashion/passion and more pleasing cinematography.

The show also doesn’t seem interested to explore Christian’s relationship with his partner, Jacques. And John Malkovich is totally underused.

Christian Dior is supposed to be the main protagonist but it’s Coco Chanel who gets all the interesting storylines. Why are we focusing more on this delusional, hypocritical designer?   

8779EF67-1AE1-4F8D-B50D-F5A0B04120A4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 2/14/2024 at 7:05 AM, Snazzy Daisy said:

After 3 episodes, there are more stories about war & survival than fashion & creation. I have been deceived by the trailer. It’s a bit disappointing.

Same here. I somehow thought we would be seeing Dior creating lots and lots of fashion during difficult times, not a war story. I'm extremely disappointed and feel misled.

I like Ben Mendelsohn but feel he is miscast here. The other actors seem very stiff in their designer roles, with John Malkovich speaking in such a halted manner that I wonder about a medical impairment.

I think they made a mistake in featuring Dior and Coco in one series. I already knew her story from biographies and movies.

• Like 1
On 2/14/2024 at 8:05 AM, Snazzy Daisy said:

After 3 episodes, there are more stories about war & survival than fashion & creation. I have been deceived by the trailer. It’s a bit disappointing. 😣

Yes. Maybe now that the war is over we can get back to fashion! Not that the WWII parts aren't compelling. The Nazis are repulsive without being cartoon caricatures, which makes them even more terrifying.

• Like 2