Type keyword(s) to search

Theresa Caputo: Raising Spirits - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Platform: Lifetime

Premiere date: January 25, 2024 (first 2 eps. already aired)

Official show synopsis:

Theresa Caputo: Raising Spirits will premiere in 2024 on Lifetime and no topic will go uncovered: from spending time as a devoted friend, mother, daughter, grandma, to many exciting first-time adventures. She’ll celebrate her son’s wedding, help her daughter adjust to motherhood, visit with her parents next door…and channel her share of spirits for others. Whether she’s on the road or back home on Long Island, some people are put in Theresa’s path for a reason, and she is known for her surprise readings. Throughout the series, cameras will be there to capture these impromptu moments no matter if she’s running an errand or at a drive-thru, and viewers will see as she often makes big impressions on skeptics time and again, leaving them stunned.

Theresa Caputo: Raising Spirits follows Theresa’s 10th year of touring for live shows as well as her intimate sessions—including those with celebrities—to help loved ones carry on without the departed.

Suggested Category (please choose from the list below)

Candid Reality

• Like 2

I finally watched the second episode.  I like Victoria's new house.  If the old house looked savable I wouldn't have been so happy about them tearing it down but it looks like it had issues and was pretty forgettable. 

I think the stuff about Victoria dragging her feet on moving in is just for the show. 

So she now has a local assistant and a road assistant.  The young road assistant seems nice.  I feel like the production of this on Lifetime is nicer and smoother than when it was on TLC.  It has a nicer flow and I like that we're seeing more of the kids too.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I watched the show several days ago. Must be from this new season because she has a new (old-style) hairdo...very different from the original show.  So, she's now a grandma? That's great. I wonder if the grandbaby has the "gift".

• Useful 2
(edited)

I like the fact that they're featuring her kids more on this version but a little of her daughter goes a long way for me.  

I think Theresa's look is so outdated now. That look is so '80s I'm experiencing second hand embarrassment for her when I see her on this new show.  I'm 9 years older than her but I look more current.  It's not hard when you're comparing yourself to someone that looks like they stepped out of 1988.  Also, I think it ages her.  Even her foundation is not doing her any favors.

Speaking of this latest couple of episodes, I was reduced to tears when hearing that young man's story about having a 2 week reunion with his grandma right before the pandemic only to have her go back home and die of Covid shortly after.  That brought up my own PTSD with my Dad's death from Covid.  And there were other readings that got to me too.  I had to reach for the tissues.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 2
20 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I watched the show several days ago. Must be from this new season because she has a new (old-style) hairdo...very different from the original show.  So, she's now a grandma? That's great. I wonder if the grandbaby has the "gift".

Did you mean “the grift”?😆

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3

I like this new updated version. I typically don't like family dynamics but this family seems to always grow and learn and stay connected in a positive way.

And yes, I believe Theresa has a gift. And her grand daughter is so cute! More babies probably on the way with Larry Jr. 

I really haven't kept up. So Larry Jr is married & has a child. What's Victoria doing? I remember in the original show that she was so pretty. Think I'll start watching again. Theresa needs to go back to her other hairstyle. It was more "modern-ish" than this big ol' hair style.  

• Like 2

Victoria is still married and has a really cute baby girl. I didn't know Larry Jr. had a baby. His wedding was featured on a very recent episode but I missed it.

I like Theresa and believe she has a special gift. Her physical appearance is not an issue for me. She is very pretty IMO and I wouldn't care if she looks like a warthog.

She is a very experienced psychic medium. Her readings are an hour long and we only see (at most) 5 minutes of that. Producers/editors have to narrow it down so they keep the show edited to 40 minutes. So every episode is up to us to interpret in our own way.

• Useful 2
49 minutes ago, Jst2Wld said:

Victoria is still married and has a really cute baby girl. I didn't know Larry Jr. had a baby. His wedding was featured on a very recent episode but I missed it.

I like Theresa and believe she has a special gift. Her physical appearance is not an issue for me. She is very pretty IMO and I wouldn't care if she looks like a warthog.

She is a very experienced psychic medium. Her readings are an hour long and we only see (at most) 5 minutes of that. Producers/editors have to narrow it down so they keep the show edited to 40 minutes. So every episode is up to us to interpret in our own way.

Re: Larry Jr? I guess the child isn't his. I was confused. It's Victoria's. I need to start following the show again...big hair & all 😊.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Re: Larry Jr? I guess the child isn't his. I was confused. It's Victoria's. I need to start following the show again...big hair & all 😊.

Wow! Now I'm very confused! Lol. So Larry Jr had a baby that wasn't his? It's his sister's? Oh what a storyline I might have just come up with! 

I know Victoria had a baby with her husband.  Baby is named Michaelina (I know I spelled it wrong.) 

However, I thought it was mentioned in the previews for Larry Jr's  wedding that they (Larry Jr and wife) had a baby on the way.

I fell asleep during the episode leading up to the wedding so my recollection could be way off. 😁

I loved the recent episode where Theresa read the woman who was blamed (by her mother) for the death of her little sister who run outside of their restaurant. The little sister got killed by a car. Older sister was very young too at the time. Living her life with guilt for something she shouldn't have been accountable for. 

Teresa’s daughter needs a dietician. I can only imagine she’s not going to lose all of the baby weight and wind up at an even more on unhealthy weight
teresa’s hair is absolutely otherworldly. I’m always jealous of people post menopause who have great hair, but it usually is due to hormone replacement therapy and it seems like she is doing the max. I don’t know about that doctor can’t really tell but she does seem hormone happy. . Doesn’t anybody care about the cancer risks anymore?

• Like 2
On 3/27/2024 at 6:22 AM, chediavolo said:

Teresa’s daughter needs a dietician. I can only imagine she’s not going to lose all of the baby weight and wind up at an even more on unhealthy weight
teresa’s hair is absolutely otherworldly. I’m always jealous of people post menopause who have great hair, but it usually is due to hormone replacement therapy and it seems like she is doing the max. I don’t know about that doctor can’t really tell but she does seem hormone happy. . Doesn’t anybody care about the cancer risks anymore?

Don't kill me, I'm 65 and have "great hair" and have never had hormone therapy, but I started out with too much hair so there is that.  I wonder how long that's going to last!  So perhaps it's just genetics.  I wish she would cut it a few inches, though.  I just like it better the way she had it before.

Victoria's weight is like the elephant in the room, no pun intended (seriously, no).  I have to imagine that Theresa must talk about it with her daughter off camera but on camera it's silence.  I guess if she has medical issues they may not want to disclose that on the show.  It doesn't help that she wears the same ginormous oversized  tee shirt all the time.   She is an attractive young woman and is not doing herself justice.   I get it that she is a SAHM and has more on her mind than her appearance, but there are health concerns too.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Don't kill me, I'm 65 and have "great hair" and have never had hormone therapy, but I started out with too much hair so there is that.  I wonder how long that's going to last!  So perhaps it's just genetics.  I wish she would cut it a few inches, though.  I just like it better the way she had it before.

Victoria's weight is like the elephant in the room, no pun intended (seriously, no).  I have to imagine that Theresa must talk about it with her daughter off camera but on camera it's silence.  I guess if she has medical issues they may not want to disclose that on the show.  It doesn't help that she wears the same ginormous oversized  tee shirt all the time.   She is an attractive young woman and is not doing herself justice.   I get it that she is a SAHM and has more on her mind than her appearance, but there are health concerns too.

I started out with too much hair also and I guess I should be thankful for that, Since it is been thinning. I guess it all comes down to genetics.

truthfully, I don’t like her doing this personality.

• Like 1

Ugh I hate Victoria than entitled Little. You know what. Some people would die to have the money to tell themselves the home of their dreams and she’s being pissy about colors and decorating wah, wah, wah, spend your money on a dietitian & personal trainer instead. She looks sloppy.

OMG, how heartbreaking about Teresa’s assistant. that poor girl. she said there was a car accident but no other details. How terrible for this young woman thank God she has support whether Teresa is a sham or not , she seems to like her.

• Like 1