Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Protected

• Start Topic

(edited)

It’s very manipulative of Daniel to question June about Jason Reeve’s confession (of Isaac’s shooting) in front of the entire squad. It feels like he’s taunting her about Errol’s confession. He then tells everyone that he thinks Jason is bribed or threatened into confessing. Does June realize what’s Daniel trying to do here? He is showing everyone that unlike him, June tends to have restricted view over a case.

June has made quite a progress in this episode. She finally identifies the anonymous caller (Carla). She also finds Errol’s alibi witness (Mostapha) and the mole who has been leaking info about Errol’s retrial efforts to Tony for the past 8 years (Latisha).

The parental bond between Daniel and Patrick is somehow weird. Why he cares so much about that boy? Is it the guilt? This will change once he finds out that Patrick is secretly dating his daughter.

A workplace bullying allegation against June? Chloe turns out to be a sh!tty colleague especially when she accuses June of using her mixed race for career advancement.

Why is Carla’s BF protected? Is he a copper? 🤨

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 1

Protected.... hmmm

Is Carla's boyfriend in some kind of witness protection? Or a crucial informer for a very important case? Does he knows stuff and blackmails the 3 police officers?

I think June's boss is the worst of all. Every time I see him I really wonder how on earth he is in charge, the little @#$$!%!@#

• Like 1

I am loving Cush Jumbo in this. She's underplaying the personality of June - reserved, analytical - which helps make the series more realistic.

Capaldi is perfect for these menacing creepy guy roles.

• Like 3