Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Overture

• Start Topic

MV5BNDU2MjNlMDEtNGRjNS00N2FiLWE1ODEtMDRj

Charlie pitches Heaven her plan to save sinners by way of redeeming themselves through her Hotel. Vaggie enlists the staff to make a commercial to promote the hotel.

Premiere Date: January 19, 2024     Prime Video 

MV5BNjY0MzJkN2YtYTkwYy00MDdiLThhZmQtZTY2

MV5BZTBhMmQ4ZDYtMjUwYy00YWZmLWJmZWUtZjJi

Episode 1 can be viewed for free on YouTube.

I'm a very big fan of Helluva Boss but wasn't quite sold on the pilot episode of Hazbin Hotel that has existed on Youtube for years. Imagine my suprise when this was even better than anything I've seen in Helluva Boss. Vivziepop really took everything he learned over the years and applied it here. Of course the Prime-money doesn't hurt. It actually did feel like a Disney musical, just with a bit more mature themes and as good as Disney hasn't been since the 90s.

Btw. the pilot episode I linked above does take place before this episode. It's not necessary, which is probably why they didn't rehash it, but maybe once you are through with the season go back and watch it. It's quite interesting and just because it wasn't quite on par with this show or Helluva Boss, doesn't mean that it's bad by any means.

I am really enjoying this show. The animation is great (unlike the new Amazon Batman series). The characters are compelling, the stories are detailed and the songs are fantastic. I am really surprised that no one seems to commenting on this great show.